Chapter 4

What has he gotten himself into?

Scaramouche was standing some feet away from his house, trying to keep warm in his coat while keeping a tight hold on Shoko's hand who was buzzing with excitement to meet Klee that she even brought along her favorite toy. Namely, the dolls Scaramouche stitched for her.

"What do you think Klee is like? Does she like playing with dolls? Will Shoko have fun with her?" Shoko asked Scaramouche.

"Of course you will have fun. Klee is really fun and she will love playing with your dolls and her other toys." Scaramouche answered her, with a small smile, hidden behind the purple scarf almost covering the lower part of his face.

"Hello~! Hope we didn't keep you waiting too long!" 

It was Venti. A teal colored car pulled up and Venti emerged from the driver's seat.

"Brr, it's cold." Venti mumbled, shivering. "Come on."

"Thanks." Scaramouche said, as him and Shoko climbed into the backseat.

"Yo." Heizou greeted them, moving aside to make space.

"Hey." Kazuha waved from next to Heizou. 

"Hey..." Scaramouche muttered, sitting down next to Shoko, slamming the door shut. He felt a bit shy, being in a car full of his seniors. 

"We'll just drop off Shoko at my house. My parents aren't home so Albedo would be in charge." Venti told Scaramouche. "I think he's in your class, right?"

Scaramouche nodded. Albedo sat in front of him in Inazuman class and they occasionally paired up in art class. He was pretty quiet but really nice and extremely smart. 

The rest of the ride passed by without Scaramouche having to talk much. They just blasted songs and everyone had a fun time singing along to some Barbie songs Shoko wanted to hear such as 'Princesses wanna have fun' and 'Here I am', both from Shoko's favorite Barbie move, Princess and the Popstar (This was and will always be my favorite Barbie movie)

"We're here!" Venti declared, stopping in front of a pretty nice house.

It wasn't exactly luxurious, mansion sort but still pretty big and was really pretty. Albedo was standing in front of the gate, apparently awaiting their arrival. 

"You guys wait in the car while me and Scaramouche take Shoko inside." Venti told the others. "Also, Xiao?" He turned to the boy sitting in the passenger seat next to him.

"Yeah?"

"Could you take the wheel? I don't wanna drive anymore." Venti said.

"Sure." He moved over onto the driver's seat once Venti stepped outside.

"Come on, you two!" He called to the two siblings.

"Coming." They both replied. 

"Hello, Albedo!" Venti yelled, joyfully, pulling the short blonde into a tight hug. Well, short when compared to Venti. He was still a few inches taller than Scaramouche. 

"Nice to see you too, Venti. And, Hi, Scaramouche." He said, holding a hand out to Scaramouche once freed from Venti's hug.

"Hi." Scaramouche replied, shaking his hand.

"And you must be Shoko, right?" Albedo said, crouching down to look at Shoko eye-to-eye. "Klee's really excited to play with you. You wanna come in?"

"I'll see you later." Scaramouche said, hugging Shoko.

"Have a good time, brother!" Shoko said, before grabbing Albedo's hand.

"See you." Scaramouche said to Albedo who nodded.

"What an emotional goodbye." Heizou teased, once Venti and Scaramouche sat down. "It looked like a classic family parting in those sappy movies."

"Shut up..." Scaramouche mumbled, leaning against the window. He was probably just going to hang around for a little while before returning home since parties weren't his forte unlike these rowdy seniors of his.

Honestly, just why is he here?