Chapter 17

I am currently updating these last few chapters from my grandparents and I find out my aunt is reading the text from behind me-
-----------------------------------------

Scaramouche felt even more exhausted than he ever had before. It's not like he slept any night but last night just wore him out.

He was in shock from discovering what similar smiles Venti and his mother had. They both had such sinister smiles that they carefully hid behind staged joy.

His mother had always been good at concealing her emotions and normally kept a neutral expression on her face. She was happy sometimes but Scaramouche later realised that smile was just fake. She never felt happy for him. She was long since deprived of any happiness after marrying their father. It was only before that incident she caused did she show her true smile to Scaramouche. A smile that made him want to throw up.

Wasn't Venti like this too? He could easily switch from shadow to light as though there was a switch. So, all this time, the bubbly and adorable persona was just an act and that smile reflected Venti's true personality. What a discovery.

Scaramouche eyed Venti at lunch today who was happily chatting with Kazuha. It made him a bit uncomfortable being around him now after hearing Venti's backstory and  noticing the similarities between his mother and Venti.

"Why're you so quiet today? I mean, quieter than usual." Kazuha joked.

Scaramouche merely gave him an icy glare in response.

"Brr... Cold much?" Kazuha said, with a laugh.

Venti was just staring at his phone, reading something, as he drank from his juice box.

"I got to go to the library. See you." He said, getting up and leaving.

"Ok, bye." Kazuha said, wait a wave. "You want to head out?" He asked Sacramouche who just shrugged.

"Ugh, come on." Kazuha grabbed him by the arm and dragged him out.

-----------------------------------------
Sorry for the short updates!!!
Hard to update at a birthday ;-;