Chapter 12

The five students stood there, in front of the Headmistress, Miss Jean nervously, awaiting judgement, three sporting injuries. Miss Jean eyed them all with a stern glare as Mr. Zhongli stood behind her, also glaring at them though his glare was far scarier and made Scaramouche feel even more terrified of what's going to happen. He didn't even know why him and Kazuha were here in the first place. They did nothing wrong! This was injustice on their part!

"So, does anyone care to explain what happened?" Miss Jean said, finally breaking the awkward silence and tension.

No one said a thing, their eyes focused on the ground.

"Kazuha? Why don't you explain today's events?" Mr. Zhongli said.

Kazuha looked up, and swallowed before speaking.

"Well, uh... We were just having this small argument over these two game characters and the arguments got a little bit heavier between Heizou and Xiao and somehow the two started to drag each other's personal business into this and than it got... messy..." Kazuha's voice trailed off, knowing just how shit this terrible explanation of his was and he immediately justy shut up and looked down again.

"What do you mean by personal business?" Miss Jean further interrogated. 

Nobody wanted to answer this question. Nobody wanted to snitch out on their two friends, considering two friends parents were here and if Mr. Zhongli heard any of the stuff Heizou said, things could get ugly. It's not as if Miss Jean and Mr. Zhongli weren't already displeased of Venti's nose being broken by Xiao...

"Is anyone going to answer me?" Miss Jean asked. Once again, no one said a single thing.

"Ah, I'll just say it..." Heizou said, surprising everyone. He was basically snitching on himself that he talked shit of Mr. Zhongli's wife! Scaramouche had to applaud his bravery.

"Basically, to sum it up, I sort of poked fun at Xiao and Mr. Zhongli as a joke but it was definitely not a funny joke and more of an offensive insult so Xiao retorted with a comment on my relationship with my mother and than I said something about Xiao's mom and than we fought." Heizou explained, flat out, without sugar coating anything.

Silence followed Heizou's answer. It seemed Miss Jean and Mr. Zhongli both were at a loss for words. Heizou had admitted straight to Mr. Zhongli's face that he insulted both him and his late wife but that his son also insulted Heizou's  late mother. No one knew what they could say to this.

"Well, this is..." Miss Jean began. "Regardless of whatever you two may have said of each other's families, rules were still broken and you both will be facing a one week suspension for fighting. Xiao and extra day will be added to yours for breaking Venti's nose."

"Yes, Ma'am." The two replied, hanging their heads.

"Kazuha, Heizou and Scaramouche, you two can leave. As for Xiao and Venti... I believe a talk is at the matter." She said.

The three left without hesitation, not wanting to be in this awkward atmosphere any more and just stood outside waiting for the other two to come out.

"What do you think all that was about?" Scaramouche asked.

"I don't really know." Kazuha replied, shaking his head. "All I know Miss Jean and Mr. Zhongli were involved with something in Venti's past when we were kids and Xiao is the only one who knows, He refuses to say shit since Venti doesn't like talking about it."

"Oh..." 

They just stood there in silence with nothing to say, straining their ears to hear any sound from inside of the Headmistress's office. Nothing. They seemed to be talking in low voices, probably knowing the three they sent outside will try to overhear on what they're talking about with their two friends.

Some more minutes passed.

Finally, the office door opened, and out walked Venti and Xiao, arm in arm with small smile, though Xiao still looked a bit distraught. No doubt it was over the fact that Mr. Zhongli will most definitely punish him and Venti's broken nose. 

"You're finally out!" Kazuha said, as him and Scaramouche rushed over to them. Heizou had just disappeared in an instant. 

"What happened in there?" Scaramouche asked, eager to know. 

"We just had a small talk. Dad lectured me severely and Miss Jean just wanted to clear something up with Venti." Xiao replied them.

"That really tells us everything." Scaramouche scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Stop saying vague answers and tell us the exact truth."

"Sorry, Scaramouche but that's something to remain a secret for now." Venti said, with a smile and wink, which annoyed Scaramouche. The hell happened in there between these 4 that they couldn't even tell their own friends?! Or school mates...??? He had no idea.

"Where's Heizou?" Venti asks. "He should go to the nurse too."

"He probably already left." Scaramouche said. "There's surely going to be some problems between Heizou and Xiao at this point."

"There's no helping that. It was expected after all." Kazuha muttered, rubbing the back of his neck. "You guys got WAY too personal in a fight over characters."

"A stupid fight, really. All of you were idiotic nerds fighting over some characters." Scaramouche remarked, bluntly, with a small shrug of his shoulders. "You all need to find better argument topics or just conversations at this point. You argue about characters or anything too much. So a fall out was pretty much expected at this point."

No one had anything to say to what Scaramouche had just said. It wasn't like they could deny it all. He was just speaking the truth, after all. 

"Let's just figure this friendship problem once these two are back in school..." Venti said, with a nervous giggle. "They've got no choice but to be around each other anyways..."

"Nah, Heizou would most likely go hang out with Shinobu, Ayato and Itto." Kazuha said, with a shake of his head. "We're going to have to force them to be together."

"We'll see what we can do." Venti muttered, before him and Xiao walked off towards the nurse's office. 

"What a shame..." Scaramouche said, as he watched those two walk away arm in arm, happily talking.

"What's a shame? They're alright now." Kazuha said. 

"I was just hoping for some nice T-Drama sort of shit. These two break up and go their seperate ways. Awkwardness and tensions increase. Imagine how fun that'd be until the sappy make-up scene." Scaramouche said, putting his hands up behind his head.

"You're diabolical." Kazuha commented, with a small laugh.

How strange. Scaramouche remembered saying the same exact line to Mona and let out a litte 'Ha'.

"Guess it just runs in the family." He said, with an evil smirk to add to it.