Chapter 19

TW, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm getting bored here, can we go somewhere else?" Scaramouche asked, for what was the 5oth time. 

"Maybe if you stop nagging me, I would be done a lot quicker and than we can leave soon too." Kazuha responded, going through the all the manga to find the one he was looking for.

Scaramouche let out an annoyed sigh before wandering off to go check out other books while Kazuha continued looking for his goddamn manga. Seriously, he's so hung on finding it. They could have left a long time ago if this man's obsession with manga didn't exist. He was about to go into the next aisle, which was full of light novels when he heard a familiar voice.

"I'm telling you, this is too much!"

It was Tamaki.

Shit.

If he was found out, he'd be in so much fucking trouble.

Scaramouche hid behind the shelfs and peered over to see what was going on. Tamaki and his sister were both there. Tamaki's sister, Hana, was crouching down sorting through the light novels on the shelfs while Tamaki stood beside her holding a cart overflowing with light novels.

"Seriously, how are you going to pay for all of this?! I am not throwing in a single mora." Tamaki said, even though Scaramouche knew this guy would pay for whatever his sister couldn't anyways. He was just too nice. 

"Yes, yes, can you shut up now? What sort of novels does Scaramouche like?" Hana asked.

"Why would you want to know that?" Tamaki asked.

"Don't you remember, you moron? Scaramouche's birthday is coming up so I'm trying to get him a few novels as a gift! Does he read manga?" Hana said.

"No, Scaramouche has never shown any interest in the mangas I try to tell him about." Tamaki responded, shaking his head. " I do think he's a fan of those really angsty and depressing novels? Maybe fantasy too. It's just got to be dark, I guess. Here, let me help." Tamaki set down the cart and kneeled down next to his sister to help her look.

Meanwhile, Scaramouche, who was still hiding behind the bookshelf, couldn't believe that there were actually people who remembered his birthday. His birthday was mainly just one small cupcake him and Shoko shared and the only presents he's got are Shoko's cards and drawings, which are taped up all over their basement walls. Scaramouche went back to Kazuha with a small smile on his face.

"Alright, I've found it!" Kazuha announced, holding up the god-forsaken manga volume he was looking for. "Hey, what're you smiling about?" 

"Nothing." Scaramouche answered, the smile immediately vanishing. "Let's go now."

"Let me pay first, at least." Kazuha said, running towards the register.

"So where to now?" Scaramouche asked, as they left the bookshop.

"Hmm... You wanna take a walk around? There's this place I know that has a really beautiful view." Kazuha said.

"Sure." Scaramouche said, with a shrug.

----------------------

They reached that place soon. It would have probably been quicker if they went by bus or train but Kazuha preferred walking. The view Kazuha was talking about was the view of the entire ocean. It was an, honestly, breathtaking view. And the breeze felt really soothing. Scaramouche walked to the very edge, leaning against the railings, staring out in to the ocean. This won't be a bad place to go. It was really beautiful and spending his last moments in this atmosphere seemed like a nice idea.

"What do you think." Kazuha said, leaning his back against the railings, his eyes focused on Scaramouche.

"It's nice." Scaramouche responded.

"Oh, come on! Will you stop being dry for a second?" Kazuha complained. "You need to start giving better responses!"

Scaramouche just rolled his eyes. 

"I don't appreciate being ignored, you know." Kazuha said, teasingly poking Scaramouche's cheek.

"Stop it." Scaramouche muttered, pushing his hand away.

"Aw, why~?" Kazuha said, playfully, coming closer and poking him again.

"I said stop-!" Scaramouche turned to face Kazuha but he slipped on the ground and fell back. Kazuha reached forward to grab him but also tripped. Scaramouche had his eyes screwed shut and slightly opened them to see if he was currently falling into the ocean when he saw what state him and Kazuha were in.

Scaramouche was basically bent over, his back leaning against the railings and Kazuha towered over him, both hands on either side of Scaramouche, tightly gripping the railings. To make matters worse, their faces were extremely close. Scaramouche could basically count every single eyelash of Kazuha's.

But now was not the time to think of that. Scaramouche's face blushed an insane red and he pushed Kazuha aside, straightening himself up again. Kazuha was also blushing, but his face was turned to the other side so Scaramouche couldn't see it. Both stayed silent for a while, the shock from earlier still lingering until Kazuha spoke again.

"Let's just go somewhere else?" He muttered, still not looking at Scaramouche.

"Oh, uh, yeah, sure." Scaramouche said, fumbling over his words slightly. 

Both of them walked on, Kazuha looking to his right at the ocean while Scaramouche stared at the ground. The butterflies had come back for another party in his stomach and his heart was going ballistic. There was that strange feeling again... What the actual hell was going on with him?! He shook his head a few times before looking straight ahead. 

Ah, fucking hell, what is up with him these past few days...?