Chapter 34

"We're here!" Kazuha declared.

They had stopped in front of a one-story building. The walls were white with fishes, pearls, seashells and other designs painted on them in blue, gold and purple. Whoever had painted them had done a splendid job. There was a large window with the bakery name written on it in cursive purple letters and the window sill had roses of all shades of purple decorating it. The window displayed a large assortment of the bakery's goods which were in all sort of colors. In the center was a very eye-catching display of cupcakes which were most definitely the new special cupcakes Kazuha was talking of. 

The door handle was shaped like a cupcake and the inside smelled really sweet. Any person seeing all these sweet delights and smelling this smell would have felt ravenous and turn over their money for all the treats they could but Scaramouche felt sick. He wanted out of this purple, sweet hell. 

"Hello! Could we get two of these, please?" Kazuha asked to the woman behind the register, pointing at two cupcakes on the menu. Scaramouche let him order and just looked around the shop. His attention was captivated by the fish tank a little far off. They had placed a large purple shrine on a seashell in it with pearls and purple and pink seaweeds. Three purple fish swan around in them. Scaramouche had never seen such a species of fish before but they looked stunning. It was as if they were covered in diamonds, the way they glittered. 

"Right." She said. Her voice sounded really sweet and delicate. As sweet as all these desserts on display. She had long pink hair fading into blue tied back and she had soft purple eyes. Another pretty girl. Why were so many beautiful women working at these lame ass markets and bakery shops?

"Thank you!" Kazuha said with a smile and nod. "So, like it so far?" He asked, turning to Scaramouche.

"No."

"How honest."

After a while of waiting, the girl came back with two white bags decorated with seashells and pearls. Kazuha accepted them with a thanks and they both headed out. Kazuha checked both bags and handed Scaramouche the one in his right.

"Enjoy!" He said, with a grin.

Scaramouche accepted the bag and took the cupcake out. It was covered in pink and white swirling frosting and decorated with small hearts, and those tiny silver balls they put on desserts.  There was a large heart stuck in the frosting too. Scaramouche only stared at the cupcake, feeling a blush creep out of his face. This looked like a Valentine cupcake! What the fuck was he thinking?! 

No, maybe, this was just some special thing. They both probably got the same. Scaramouche whipped his head to see Kazuha's cupcake which he had taken out to eat. It had a purple frosting with seashells on it. Why is his so normal while Scaramouche got this?!

"What's wrong?" Kazuha asked, an innocent expression on his face but the smug tone with a cheeky glimmer in his eyes gave him away.

"You got me such a cupcake on purpose!" Scaramouche yelled at him, flushing furiously pink. He looked as pink as the cupcake in his hand. 

"So what if I did? It's very tasty, go and take a bite~" Kazuha said, with a teasing smirk.

Scaramouche just glared at Kazuha before stuffing the cupcake back inside the white bag. 

"I'll eat it when I get home." He said. He was just going to give it to Shoko.

"What?? But I want to know what you think of it!" Kazuha whined.

"I don't care." Scaramouche responded.

"There's really no way of convincing you to eat, is there?" Kazuha said, with a dejected sigh.