Chapter 22

I am seriously running out of ideas here, someone help me 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Say, Scara, do you want to come over to my house tonight?" Kazuha asked.

"No." Scaramouche replied, flatly.

"Aw, why not?" Kazuha said.

"You know damn well why." Scaramouche said, going back to scrolling through twitter.

"Well, than why don't you just make sure your dad and his girlfriend are out of the house and we can drop Shoko off to play with Klee if Venti's parents agree." Kazuha said, with a wave of his hand.

"You talk as if it's that easy." Scaramouche muttered.

"Well, is it not?" Kazuha said, resting his head on his arms. "I normally do it with my moms so me and the others can have fun all night at my house."

"Do you have two mothers?" Scaramouche asked. Whenever Kazuha would mention his parents, he would always refer to them as 'moms', which made Scaramouche confused as to if he had a dad or not.

"Yeah, both my parents are girls. Why, are you homophobic?" Kazuha teased.

"It's not that!" Scaramouche answered, defensively. "I was just curious... What about your real parents?"

"My real parents are dead. I think..." Kazuha said.

"You think?"

"I don't know. They abandoned me when I  was like 2-3 years old and Beidou found me and she took me in." Kazuha said, with a shrug. "To be honest, I don't care who my biological parents are. My real parents are Beidou and Ningguang so nothing else matters."

Scaramouche just looked at Kazuha, who just tipping his chair back, eyes focused on the ceiling with a smile on his face. He felt slightly jealous of Kazuha at times. Kazuha was so carefree and cheerful all the time and he even had two loving parents... That wasn't fair... Why can't his parents be loving too? Why the fuck does their dad hate them so much? Why would you even get fucking children if all you want to do is make their life fucking miserable?! Why did he even marry their mother if he had another girl already?

Why wasn't his family a normal, happy family.

Sometimes, he wonders what could have happened if him and Shoko had any other normal parents. They wouldn't have had to spend their childhood hiding in the basement. Scaramouche wouldn't have to work his ass off to make money so him and Shoko can survive. Maybe he would have been a normal teenager too... Happy, carefree and the only thing to worry about being his grades, not groceries and clothes and house items... That was something parents should worry about, not a 16 year old high schooler...

"Hello? Earth to Scara!" Kazuha called, snapping his fingers in front of Scaramouche's face, bringing him out of his thoughts. 

"What?" 

"So, are you going to come over?" Kazuha asked, leaning back in his chair.

"I'll see..." 

"Well, let's hope that 'I'll see' can transform into a bright and beautiful 'yes'!" Kazuha said. "Anyways, what should we do now?"

Venti had taken an early leave from school since he wasn't feeling well after P.E for some reasons so it was just Kazuha and Scaramouche left. Heizou and Xiao come back tomorrow. 

"I don't know. What do you want to do?" Scaramouche said.

"Let's skip school again." Kazuha answered, instantly.

"What is up with you and skipping school? No! Think of something else." Scaramouche said, hitting Kazuha on the back of his head.

"Ow! That hurts..." Kazuha muttered, rubbing the spot where Scaramouche hit him. "Than, I don't know? What do you think we should do?"

"We could play this game to see who can stay silent for the longest." Scaramouche said, going back to his phone.

"But that's so boring!" Kazuha complained. 

"If I say yes to coming over, would you finally shut the fuck up?!" Scaramouche grumbled.

"Yup!" Kazuha exclaimed, a bright smile on his face.

Scaramouche glared at him before going back to his phone. But despite his anger, he could not help and let a small smile appear from seeing the bright look in Kazuha's eyes.