Chapter 52

Well, considering that the main plot is mostly done, consider these some extras, ig??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Scara!!!" The minute Scaramouche got out of the room with the police officer, his friends immediately threw themselves upon him.

"You're OK!!" They all yelled, crying.

"Don't you dare do shit like that ever again!" Venti yelled. "You scared us all so bad!"

"Sorry.." Scaramouche muttered, looking down at the ground. It all felt so weird. 

"Mr. Raiden, how are you feeling?" Mr. Zhongli asked.

"Fine, I suppose." Scaramouche answered.

"I see..." Mr. Zhongli muttered, eyeing Scaramouche's injuries skeptically.

"Well, I'm just glad everything ends well now!" Heizou said.

"A HAPPY ENDING FOR ALL!!" Venti cheered.

"We still have finals and mine and Venti's uni exams." Xiao said.

"..."

"You should have let me fall." Scaramouche groaned, punching Kazuha on the arm.

Kazuha only laughed and pulled Scaramouche into a hug.

Kazuha, Venti, Scaramouche and Tamaki, all four, were struck down with a cold the next day.

----------

The happiness didn't last long. Soon, they were all too busy buried in their books to even care about anything else. Venti was at literal breaking point. Everyone approached him with the most caution in case they accidentally pissed him off and would have to suffer all the anger he wants unleash from so much studying and stress. Thank Celestia Xiao was there.

"I really should have killed myself earlier." Scaramouche grumbled, as he held his hurting head with a math textbook open on his lap.

"Is that how you thank me?" Kazuha asked, shoving him with his foot.

"I should be beating you to a pulp for making me live through this shit." Scaramouche retorted.

The two of them were sitting on the floor of Kazuha's bedroom with their school textbooks sprawled out around them. Beidou and Ningguang had happily agreed to give temporary residence to Scaramouche and Shoko and Tamaki had helped move in whatever stuff they could. Scaramouche didn't know how long his father will be in prison for but Mr. Zhongli said he'll never had to worry about the man again. Which was comforting, he suppose.

Obviously, things couldn't just miraculously become OK after his father gets arrested. The trauma of being abused would stick with him for the rest of his life and probably cause a lot of problems for him but it didn't feel that bad with Kazuha. He was somehow perfect at dealing with Scaramouche's worst moments. 

"You know what? Maybe I should have jumped off with you." Kazuha said, after one glance at his biology textbook.

"Exactly." Scaramouche said.

"What's your first exam?"

"Both papers of Math. You?"

"I have two exam of Bio and 2 of language."

"Why did you even take science if you suck so much at it?"

"Heizou didn't want to be alone in class so he asked me to join him."

"That's the most stupid reason ever."

"I know..."

"Anyway, shut up now. I have to revise."

"Can't we take a break?!"

"You go. I'm not planning on failing like you."

"Oh, fuck you."

"Fuck you too."

Kazuha stuck his tongue out at Scaramouche before getting up to the kitchen to get himself a small snack. He couldn't help but smile to himself as he left the room.

Everything was so much better now.

---------

"We're almost done with exams!" Heizou cheered after they all exited their exam halls.

"You guys are. We still have the uni entrance exams." Venti said, sourly.

"How wonderful it is to not be a third year right now." Heizou replied.

"Shut up, you'll be a third year after this." Venti said, punching Heizou on the back of his head.

"OW! I need to start wearing a fucking helmet thanks to you guys at this rate." Heizou cried, rubbing the back of his head.

"Maybe stop being suck a dick." Venti snapped.

"Xiao, come get your little mistress." Heizou joked.

"YOU LITTLE-!" Before Venti could say anything, Xiao flicked him on the forehead.

"Let it go Venti." Xiao said.

"...Fine." Venti grumbled, rubbing the spot where Xiao hit him.

"We should go home and start revising for the next exam." Xiao said, adjusting the strap of his bag on his shoulder.

"I'm going to murder someone. These exams are killing me." Kazuha groaned.

"Murder me." Scaramouche said, placing his forehead against Kazuha's arm.

"Should we get some ice cream on the way?" Kazuha asked.

"No." Scaramouche responded, immediately.

"Oh.."

"You guys get your ice cream, me and Xiao are going to go to a cafe nearby! Bye!" Venti said, dragging Xiao along who looked as though he had no idea of this date.

"Bye, lovebirds!" Heizou called after them. "I suppose you two would also want to go on a date?" He asked, looking at Kazuha and Scaramouche.

"No. We're going home and studying." Scaramouche said.

"Want to join us?" Kazuha asked Heizou.

"Sure, since I have nothing bette