Chapter 35

"Do you have feelings for me?"

...

WHAT?!

Scaramouche's face turns bright red again as he stares at Kazuha with shock. Was Kazuha seriously asking him this?! Was he THAT obvious?! But how should he answer, though? Should he say 'yes' or 'no'. Maybe 'yes' since Kazuha might have already figured him out and he does sort of have feelings for Kazuha...But what if he says 'yes' and Kazuha rejects him? That'd make it honestly pretty humiliating. And it could make their friendship slightly awkward, too...

"What gave you such an idea?" Scaramouche said, turning his head away. Maybe he'd answer once he's sure whether Kazuha likes him or not.

"Well, I just got the feeling because of the way you always acted around me. You don't think I didn't notice the way you always blush around me, right? I mean, you're doing it now~" Kazuha teased, sitting up.

"You must be seeing things." Scaramouche said, resolutely refusing to let Kazuha see his face.

Kazuha leaned in even closer and Scaramouche could feel his warm breath tickle his ear when he spoke.

"Am I?" He said. Scaramouche felt a sudden jolt as the back of his neck rose to a burning hot temperature. He pushed Kazuha away from him, face bright red.

"Ever heard of something called personal space?!" He yelled at Kazuha.

"Hahaha! You're blushing!" Kazuha chose to say in response.

"Shut up!" Scaramouche muttered, covering his face with his hand as he turned his head away.

"Why're you denying it so much? I know you like me~" Kazuha said.

"I don't. Fuck off." Scaramouche grumbled, without thinking.

"Really? Shame." Kazuha said with a disappointed shrug.

"What do you mean by that...?" Scaramouche asked, in spite of himself.

"Well, I was hoping that we both shared the same feelings but I guess it's just me." Kazuha answered with a sad smile. "Sorry for pushing you so much. I was just hopeful, I suppose..." 

What...? Scaramouche just stared at him silently, trying to process this. Did Kazuha just say that he wanted them both to share the same feelings? Does that mean he actually likes Scaramouche?! Huh?! Scaramouche's mind felt like a whirling tornado. Did he just fuck up his chance to get together with Kazuha?! Oh Celestia, please just send a nail down and crush Scaramouche to death.

"So, you like me? As in more then just friends?" Scaramouche asked just to be sure.

"Yeah. I have feelings for you, Scara." Kazuha answered with a nod. "And I was hoping you had feelings for me too but I guess now that was just wishful thinking. Again, sorry for trying to push you into this, I just really didn't want to accept that you didn't have feelings for me."

Scaramouche could feel a pink tint creep up in his face once more. Did Kazuha really like him so much that he was in desperate denial of Scaramouche not liking him? Such dedication to somebody like Scaramouche... What a waste. Someone better deserved it. 

"Why... exactly do you like me?" Scaramouche asked. He wanted to know Kazuha's reasons, badly. Why would Kazuha like someone like him and, for what reasons? If there was anything about him to like...

"Oh, you want to know?" Kazuha said with a grin. "I like you because it's so much fun being around you and your presence just brings me a great sense of comfort. I always feel this sort of great, indescribable joy when I'm with you. You always listen to me rant and even listen to my rambles on my interests even if you don't understand them and you never really tell me to shut up when I talk non-stop about them. You have such a beautiful and angelic smile and I just want to make that smile of yours mine. Something I can stare at for hours and cherish for the rest of my life.  Your voice is stunning and like a melody to my ears and always helps me relax or brighten up if I'm down. It's a voice I want to hear all the time. A voice I want for to whisper those special things just to me so I can hold them in my heart forever. I want to be the one to wipe away those tears from your lovely eyes of yours when you're down. Be able to touch the soft skin all I want. Be able to hold you in my arms. I want to be able to do all of those things with you because I love you so much, Scara. You're the most beautiful person I've met and I want you to be mine. I want you to be my special one."