Chapter 23

TW; ED, I THINK? I'm not sure if this counts as ED but if it does, I just wanted to go ahead and put this warning

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Kazuha felt giddy with happiness about tonight. He just couldn't explain why. Maybe because Scaramouche was actually coming over to his house! They didn't go straight to his house first. Scaramouche had to pick up Shoko and finish up some work back home so now Kazuha's just waiting for him.

He couldn't sit still so he just kept pacing around his room, which was cleaner than it normally would be. He hid away anything Scaramouche would most definitely judge him for having and he made sure everything was perfectly clean and in place in the entire house. His mom even made her specialty, Flash-Fried Filet, that she normally saves for special occasions. Maybe because Kazuha begged her to make it...

Anyways, no everything was set and now it was just time to wait peacefully for Scaramouche to come over.

Except...

His nerves are killing him!

Why is he so nervous about Scaramouche coming over?! 

He's never had this sort of preparation for any friend! What made this one night with Scaramouche so special?!

Kazuha didn't know what the hell was going on with his mind these days. It felt as if all he can ever think about is Scaramouche and nothing else. It was like he was obsessed with him. And for some reason, that moment at the sea view, when they were in that awkward position, he just had this weird urge, as though... as though if he wanted to...

DING!

The bell! Was it Scaramouche. He heard the front door open and his mom talking to somebody. But the other person was probably speaking in a way too low voice which is why he couldn't hear them. There was no doubt it was Scaramouche! That dude was the only one who Kazuha can't hear properly!

Kazuha rushed downstairs and sure enough there was Scaramouche standing in the hall, talking to his mom.

"Scara!" He exclaimed happily, throwing himself onto Scaramouche, arms wrapped around his neck.

"Hey...!" Scaramouche cried out when Kazuha threw himself on to him while the woman, who Scaramouche assumed was his mom, laughed.

"Be careful there, Kazuha. You don't want to knock him over, do you?" She said. She had a cool vibe to her. Like one of those fun, laid-back parents that Scaramouche wished he had instead of that fuck-head.

"Heh, right. Sorry, Scara." Kazuha chuckled, standing aside.

"It's alright..." Scaramouche muttered, rubbing his neck. That was the first time Kazuha had ever hugged him... Scaramouche wanted him to do that more often now. The reason? He had absolutely no fucking idea. It felt nice, even though it send this weird jolt through his entire body... Ah, he's making no sense...

"Do you guys want dinner before you lock yourself away upstairs?" Beidou said, walking to the kitchen.

"Sure!" Kazuha nodded. "Come on, Scara!" He said, grabbing Scaramouche's wrist and dragging him to the kitchen. Scaramouche was planning on declining with any dumb excuse but it was clear Kazuha wasn't listening. 

"I made my special Flash-Fried Filet today!" Beidou announced, setting the dish down. It looked good but gave Scaramouche the regular, nauseous feeling he always got when it came to eating something.

"Mom's cooking is amazing! Especially, the Filet!" Kazuha told him, excitedly. "She normally only cooks it on special occasions but I had her make some for you because I wanted you to try it!"