Chapter 29

His father had left the house. Scaramouche knew it even if he couldn't hear him leave. He was lying his back, sprawled out like a starfish on his bed. He was too tired from crying to move. He didn't want to do anything at this point. Just rot away on the bed for the rest of his life or at least until the weekend ends.

Surprisingly, he heard the door bell ring, repeatedly. Cursing, Scaramouche dragged himself out of his bed and up the stairs to go answer the door. Whoever the fuck it was, he's sending them home with a good punch for disrupting his mourning session.

When Scaramouche opened the door to see who the annoying motherfucker was, he was surprised to see it was Heizou, Xiao, Venti and Kazuha all together?

"What are you guys doing here?!" He blurted out immediately, snapping out of his moody stupor into some surprise at the sight of this group.

"To come meet you, of course~!" Venti replied.

"Even though we only parted like four hours ago!" Heizou said, with a small chuckle.

"We heard of what happened to you on the road from Heizou's aunt so we came over to see if you and Shoko are OK." Xiao explained.

"Heizou's aunt?" Scaramouche said.

"The man who saved you was my cousin!" Heizou said. "He went off to work after dropping our aunt off at our house and she told us some strange kids with purple hair almost got run over by a truck had Takashi not saved them! I knew it was you so I called everyone and we came over!"

"Oh..." What a small world they lived in, huh?

"Well, it was nice of you to show up but me and Shoko are fine so bye." 

Scaramouche tried to shut the door but both Heizou and Kazuha forcibly pushed themselves inside. These four really couldn't take a fucking 'no' could they?! Like Scaramouche said a few chapters early, they're like those sticky fly catchers. Once they catch you, there's no way to unstick yourself. 

"So this is the inside of your house!" Heizou said, running into the living room. "Wow, it all looks so good! Your father has great taste in house decor!" 

"Yeah, I suppose." Not a great taste in how to be a father, unfortunately.

 "Is Shoko asleep?" Kazuha asked.

"Yeah, she fell asleep soon after we got home and had some breakfast." Scaramouche responded, making sure to make it sound like BOTH of them ate something.

"Oh, cool! Did you save anything for us?" Kazuha said, running to the fridge.

"Obviously not. I didn't know you were coming and even if you were, I wouldn't have made shit." Scaramouche said, shutting the fridge.

"You're so mean..." Kazuha whined, narrowly avoiding the fridge hitting his nose.

"Is you father at work?" Xiao asked.

"Yeah, he left shortly before you all came." Scaramouche answered. Thankfully.

"It's a shame Venti stalled so much over buying some ice cream and eating it. We were only a little way from the house! You could have eaten your ice cream on the way!" Heizou complained, glaring at Venti who only stuck his tongue out, playfully, in response.

Scaramouche noticed the look in his eyes though. He stalled on purpose to make sure they reached the house once Scaramouche's father was gone. Scaramouche felt an immense gratitude for Venti. He was being really careful like this just for Scaramouche's sake. 

"Anyways, where's your bedroom? Upstairs?" Heizou made way to the staircase when Kazuha stopped him. He looked at him in confusion.

"Actually it's downstairs." Scaramouche said.