Chapter 32

Scaramouche's father was in a serious rage these days. Scaramouche didn't know what the hell happened. Maybe because him and his girlfriend fought and she slammed a wine bottle on his head before leaving the house and she's ignoring all his calls. Not gonna lie, Scaramouche really liked her in that moment. It took every muscle in his body to not laugh at his wine-covered dad.

But the amusement only lasted for that night. The next morning before going to school, Scaramouche was standing at the bathroom sink, cursing under his breath as he tended to the large burn marks his dad left on him. 

"This is bad..." He muttered to himself. The burns had spread out to his fingers too and were pretty noticeable. Not only that, the bruise on his eye hadn't healed but only gotten worse thanks to his dad and new cuts were on his face. And there was a slight limp in his walk...

He knew if he went to school, Mr. Zhongli would interrogate him about all these new injuries. So what would Scaramouche do? Simply skip school. He would walk Shoko to her school and then head out to some park or just wander around. Maybe he could visit Tamaki at his university since his classes don't start until afternoon on Wednesdays. 

Scaramouche quickly got breakfast ready and prepared Shoko's lunch too, as fast as he could with these injuries before packing Shoko's bag while she changed in the bathroom. Once everything was ready, they were ready to head out. Shoko only cast a worried eye at Scaramouche's injuries but tried to act as optimistic as normal so he wouldn't worry about her.

She told him excitedly of her new friend that she made yesterday. Her name was YaoYao and she just moved here. She was really nice and sweet girl and had a motherly personality. She's already become friends with everyone in class.

"Everyone likes her and Shoko likes her too! She's really nice and she said she loves to play with Shoko! She even made Shoko and herself some friendship bracelets! See?" Shoko showed her wrist to Scaramouche where there indeed was a handmade bracelet made of colorful yarn and beads. 

"That's great, Shoko." Scaramouche said with a small smile. 

They reached her school quick enough where Scaramouche greeted Miss Barbara like usual. She looked at Scaramouche with concern but didn't say anything. She only greeted him like normal while Shoko went to greet YaoYao in class. After making sure, Shoko was settled in class, Scaramouche left the building and headed down the street. 

Now where should he go? He had to make sure to steer clear of the school lest anyone saw him. Especially Mr. Zhongli. He couldn't be seen by Mr. Zhongli.  Maybe he should go to the park him and Kazuha went to a few days ago? That'd be nice. 

Scaramouche arrived at the park. It was relatively empty, save for some people jogging or walking about. It was only around 7:10am in the morning so it was expected but Scaramouche knew the streets would be noisy as hell in just a few minutes. Might as well enjoy the peace while it lasts. 

He took a seat at a bench, staring up at the blue sky. White clouds swirled around, forming strange shapes. His eyes fell on the playground and he remembered the memories of him and Kazuha playing there. He could remember Kazuha throwing water at him so Scaramouche emptied his entire bottle on Kazuha. Scaramouche chuckled to himself at this memory.

After a while of reminiscing, Scaramouche got bored of sitting around so he decided to walk around. He took a peek at the supermarket near his house. Of course, Tamaki wasn't there. Standing in his place was a girl with light blue hair put back in a rat's tail hairstyle. She had purple and gold eyes and a really kind and beautiful face that stood out greatly in this supermarket. First Tamaki, now this girl?! How the hell did this supermarket manage to find so many good-looking youths to work for it?!

She must have noticed Scaramouche looking, for she smiled and waved at him.

"Welcome. Do you need any help?" She said. Her smile was absolutely gorgeous and her voice was soft and gentle. Scaramouche could feel himself blushing slightly.

"Oh, hey...I've never seen you around here before? Are you new?" He asked.

"I just started some time ago. I work the morning shift here before my afternoon classes." She responded. "My name's Ganyu, you?"

Ganyu, huh... Afternoon classes, she must be a uni student.

"I'm Scaramouche."

"It's nice to meet you, Scaramouche. Do you need anything?" Ganyu asked.

"Oh, no, I was just looking..." Scaramouche muttered in response.

"Alright." Ganyu nodded with a smile. How could someone's smile look so angelic and beautiful?!

Scaramouche just silently nodded in response before turning and leaving the shop. Well, that certainly was an experience. He managed to just meet some gorgeous girl with the most angelic smile and voice when he was skipping school. Wow. Does this count as lucky moments?

Whatever. That angelic smile made Scaramouche's heart flutter for some reason. It was sort of like how Kazuha's smile always made his heart flutter but Kazuha was a much more exaggerated response. God, he hated this. Just the picture of Kazuha's smile plastered in his head made Scaramouche blush furiously. Seriously, he hated this. 

Scaramouche shook his head and tried to think of something else to do now. He had the whole morning before having to pick up Shoko and make lunch for his father and her. Did he have to make some for his girlfriend or no? He presumed no for now unless they manage to make up today. Scaramouche didn't know what he wanted. Them not making up would put a little less stress on him for making three servings for three meals a day but then if they don't get together, Scaramouche's father would progressively get even worse and the abuse would become much harsher for Scaramouche.

He really hated his life. It sucked so much and no choice ever made any good for him. The best thing he could do is just try and hang on until Shoko's older to take care of herself so he could finally end this hell.