Chapter 38

"OH MY FUCKING GOD, CAN YOU SHUT UP?!" 

"YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO CHEATED ON ME!!"

Scaramouche looks up at the attic door from his math textbook, twirling his pen between his fingers, the annoyance clear on his face. He was starting to get a headache from all this fighting between his dad and his girlfriend. 

Apparently, his dad found the bitch was sleeping with another man on the nights she's supposedly 'busy' and now they're fighting over it. Scaramouche didn't give two shits over whether his dad was having issues in his love life but he needs to revise for his math test tomorrow and he can't do shit with all this noise.

"Shoko, get your shoes. We're going out." He said to Shoko, who was playing with her dolls. Maybe he could go to the park or a cafe for some peace.

"Really? Where are we going?" Shoko asked him, excitedly, dropping her dolls.

"Anywhere away from here..." Scaramouche mumbled to himself before responding to her. "You'll see, just get ready."

"OK!!"

-----

The two of them wandered around for a while, not really having a decided destination. Maybe Scaramouche could just go to to Tamaki's university? He'd definitely find some peace in there since Chiyo would be the only person there because Tamaki has his shift at the supermarket soon. 

Scaramouche was just contemplating this idea when he heard someone call his name.

"Oi, Scara!" That nickname was enough to give away who it was.

Scaramouche turned around and wasn't surprised to see Heizou and Kazuha rushing towards him. Shoko seemed elated to see them and ran to Kazuha to give him a hug. He laughed when she attacked him and just scooped her into his arms before walking up to Scaramouche.

"Hello, Scara~, what're you up to?" He asked.

"I'm just looking for a place to revise for my test tomorrow." Scaramouche answered.

"Can't you just revise at home?" Heizou asked.

"Heh, why don't you come with us? We're going to a cafe!" Kazuha suggested, as they both ignored Heizou's question.

"Um..." Scaramouche wasn't really sure of the idea of going with these two. The way they were so chaotic, he'd probably barely get any revision done. 

"Pleasee?" Kazuha pleaded, making puppy-dog eyes at Scaramouche.

"Please let's go with them!" Shoko said, also making puppy-dog eyes.

"Please, Scaramouche?" All three asked with puppy-dog eyes. 

They were literally ganging up on him! This wasn't fair! Scaramouche let out an annoyed sigh before nodding.

"Yay!" The three whooped before Kazuha grabbed Scaramouche's wrist and dragged him along.

"Stop standing there all depressed and come on!" Kazuha laughed, as Scaramouche glared at him.

--------

They arrived at the cafe after some time of walking. It was nice and quiet looking cafe. They all took some seats at the booth and waited for someone to come get their order.

"Hello, may I take your order?" A strangely familiar voice asked.

They all looked up and were surprised, and amused, to see Venti standing there, holding a notepad and dressed in the cafe's work uniform.

"Venti? So this is cafe you work at?" Heizou exclaimed, some amusement in his voice.

"Oh, I wasn't expecting you three to come here." Venti said. "What do you guys want?"