Chapter 21

Scaramouche felt like somebody was beating his head with a metal bat. Who knew the lack of sleep for the past eleven years would finally start to hit him now. He was starting to feel more tired than usual and it was hard to focus on anything because his brain just didn't want to work anymore. It's not like he was always energetic or anything, it just felt like everything was getting worse. He couldn't focus in school and his reactions to everything were pretty slow. He tries to keep this low lest Mr. Zhongli has him locked up with Miss Yuri again but it's getting harder now. 

"Oi, Scara, are you listening to me?" Kazuha said, poking Scaramouche.

"Huh? Oh yeah..." Scaramouche mumbled, raising his head from the table.

"What is up with you these past few days? Not getting enough sleep now days?" Kazuha asked.

"Hm, maybe." More like not getting sleep any day.

"Well, Xiao and Heizou are coming back to school tomorrow, right?" Kazuha asked Venti, who was scrolling through his phone, as usual.

"Yeah." Venti nodded, not looking up.

"I'm glad they're finally coming back. You two have been so dull." Kazuha said, glaring at Venti and Scaramouche. 

"Mhm." Venti nodded, clearly not paying attention.

"Alright, that's it!" Kazuha snapped, slamming his hands down on the table. "What is up with you two?! You've been acting like this for the entire past week! It's getting extremely annoying, you know?"

"Sorry, Kazuha. It's just... There's just a lot of shit happening back home." Venti replied, with a tired sigh.

"What's going on?" Kazuha asked.

"It's nothing you all need to worry about." Venti said, with a wave of his hand. "Just ignore me for now, alright?"

"Hmm, alright..." Kazuha answered, still eyeing Venti skeptically. "Anyways, what about you?" Kazuha asked, turning to Scaramouche, who had once more buried his face in his hands.

"I'm just tired, that's all." Scaramouche mumbled.

"When are you not ever tired?" Kazuha said, rolling his eyes. 

"Well, it doesn't help that they a certain someone keeps calling me at 3am to ramble about stupid shit." Scaramouche said, sending a piercing glare at Kazuha.

Kazuha glared back at him and the two held this little glaring competition until Kazuha just let out an 'I'm so done with you' sigh and looked up at the ceiling. Scaramouche just out his head back in his arms. 

The three just sat there quietly until Venti stood up, suddenly. The other two looked at him, curiously. 

"I got to go, bye." He said, quickly, before hurrying away.

"What's up with him?" Kazuha asked.

"Dunno."

"Anyways, wanna skip school again?"

"No."

"Why not?' Kazuha asked, leaning forward.

"Mr. Zhongli already gave me a warning for skipping school. I can't get detention again, you know?" Scaramouche said.

"Dammit." Kazuha leaned back in his chair again.

Why was everybody so boring these past few days? Venti wouldn't talk much now, Scaramouche was just acting duller than he usually does and Xiao and Heizou were out of school. Kazuha seriously hated this. What the hell is going on with everyone?