Chapter 33

Scaramouche walked the path to Tamaki's university. His boredom was killing him and he could only hope Tamaki might offer something interesting. If the man was asleep when he arrived? Simply bang on his door until he wakes up. Scaramouche had special traumatized child privileges that made it hard for Tamaki to get mad at him.

Tamaki's university was pretty big. One of the best universities in Teyvat apparently. It sort of reminded Scaramouche of a castle. He walked across the garden which was littered with students everywhere. Some were typing away furiously on their laptops, other just chilling, and many playing around together with frisbees and footballs. 

Scaramouche arrived at Tamaki's dorm building and made it to his room. He knocked about 5 times before Tamaki answered. 

"Hello?" Tamaki said, opening the door. His hair was wild and there was paint on his shirt, hands and face. 

"Hey." Scaramouche said, raising his hand in a wave.

"Oh, Scaramouche! Woah, what happened to you?!" Tamaki exclaimed in shock at Scaramouche's injuries.

"My dad happened." Scaramouche answered, with an indifferent expression.

"Well, aren't you supposed to be at school right now...?" Tamaki asked, trying to change the subject from Scaramouche's dad. 

"You really think I can go there looking like this?" Scaramouche asked.

"Right... So, did you come here to see me because you had nothing to do?" Tamaki asked.

"Yeah." Scaramouche nodded.

"Well, come on in, then!" Tamaki said, cheerfully, stepping aside to allow Scaramouche to walk in.

Scaramouche walked into Tamaki's dorm room. Tamaki shared a dorm with someone else but they weren't here. The contrast between the two's dorm sides was surprising. Tamaki's roommate's side was sort of simple and organized, pretty bland, while Tamaki's side looked like a bomb had exploded there. His desk was extremely disorganized and his bed was unmade too. And his walls were pretty cluttered too that not a single centimeter of the wall could be seen. There was also an easel in the far corner of the room, turned around so whatever was on the canvas couldn't be seen. Scaramouche remembered Tamaki saying he's not much a fan of empty, organized empty spaces and they make him nervous or something? Whatever it meant, Tamaki was incapable of keeping anything clean and organized. It's a wonder how the supermarket he works at hasn't been turned into a mess by him. He always managed to make even the most minor messes anywhere. 

"Your roommate isn't home?" Scaramouche said, picking up the pile of comics on Tamaki's desk chair to sit down.

"Yeah, she went out to buy something." Tamaki answered, sitting down on his bed. 

Tamaki's roommate, Chiyo. Scaramouche has only ever met her once for a brief moment. Despite her name, she was a pretty serious and firm woman. She sort of reminded Scaramouche of Kujou Sara, an old friend of his mother's. Their hair is almost a similar color too but Chiyo's hair was a much more blueish shade. She was nice but just sort of intimidating. The complete opposite of Tamaki. How they survive as roommates, Scaramouche had no idea.

"So, what were you up to before I came?" Scaramouche asked.

"I was painting!" Tamaki answered, holding up his paint-covered hands.

"Oh, that explains it." Scaramouche said. "Could I see?"

"It's not finished yet since I just started some time ago. I gave up to take a break and put it away to dry." Tamaki said, walking over to the easel in the corner. He turned it over to reveal the contents of the canvas on it.