Chapter 44

It had been some time since Scaramouche and Kazuha had started hanging out and evening had already fallen. The yellow sky melted into red as the sun sat at the horizon. Kazuha had managed to find a spot that would give them the perfect view of the evening sky and with the light wind, it felt perfect. They just stood together in some silence, staring out at the sky. Kazuha had this sort of far away look in his eyes as he stared at the sky. He looked like a beautiful painting, the way he stood there.

"You're staring pretty intensely." Kazuha spoke up suddenly, still looking at the sky.

"Huh?" Scaramouche turned his eyes away instantly, face red as Kazuha chuckled.

"It's really a beautiful sight, isn't it?" Kazuha said, the setting sun reflecting in those bright red eyes of his. Scaramouche couldn't hep but just stare at him again. Could someone blame him? The man was the definition of beauty.

"I wonder what next year would be like now that Venti and Xiao will be gone. Do you think they'll visit?" Kazuha said, thoughtfully.

"Well, of course they would. Venti most definitely would act like your classic mom asking your day at school every single day. But things will probably be a lot different without the two of them. With Xiao gone, no one would be there to keep you and Heizou in line and I feel like it'll be a little bit more quiet without Venti." Scaramouche responded. It was sort of sad that all of this would be coming to an end soon. Not a full end, but the fact that there'll be so much distance between them and their seniors in just some weeks. They better make the most of the last few moments they have left with the couple.

"Hey, come on. Me and Heizou don't need someone to keep us in line!" Kazuha said, with a pout. Scaramouche only raised his eyebrows at him which made Kazuha laugh in response. "Hehe, this year was really fun, wasn't it?" He said, going back to staring at the view.

"Yeah, it really was..." Scaramouche muttered, clutching the railings tightly. This was probably the most fun Scaramouche had ever had in his entire school life thanks to Kazuha and the others. He didn't really want to say good bye. It made him realize he'd still be in school all by himself once Kazuha and Heizou graduated. Would they still meet? Hopefully they would. He didn't know what to do now if him and Kazuha ever stopped talking. Kazuha's company was the biggest blessing ever granted to Scaramouche and he never wanted to let it go. He wanted to be by Kazuha's side forever. Maybe this was his answer. Scaramouche bit down on the inside of his cheek, glancing over at Kazuha.

"Do you want to tell me something?" Kazuha asked.

"Oh...Uh..." Scaramouche thought of how to approach this. Or was this too soon? Scaramouche didn't know. Should he just go for it?

"Yes?" Kazuha said, raising an eyebrow expectantly.

"Um..." Scaramouche swallowed. "About your confession..."

Kazuha turned his head slightly to look at Scaramouche more, his interest perked now. Was this Scaramouche's response?

"What about it?" He asked, trying to remain nonchalant but his excitement and nerves were sort of obvious from the way he was fidgeting with his fingers over the railings.

"I like you, Kazuha." Scaramouche finally blurted out, face pink.

Kazuha's eyes widened in shock, lips slightly parted. He looked as if he couldn't believe it.

"Huh?" He said.

"I like you, Kazuha. I want you to go out with me." Scaramouche said, staring intensely at Kazuha. 

Kazuha just stared at Scaramouche in shock as a faint red tint appeared on his cheeks. The corners of his mouth lifted up as he broke into an affectionate smile. It was the most sincere and pretty smile Scaramouche had ever seen on Kazuha's face. It literally showed Kazuha's love for Scaramouche. There was no need for any words. That smile said it all. He moved closer to Scaramouche and gently took a hold of his hand.

"I'm so happy." He murmured, gently rubbing his thumb against Scaramouche's knuckles. "I'm really really happy." He said again, slipping his fingers through Scaramouche's, intertwining their hands.

"Same." Scaramouche said back, his eyes on Kazuha's hand that was currently holding his. Kazuha placed his other hand against Scaramouche's face, gently cupping his cheek, his eyes on Scaramouche's lips. They were so close. Scaramouche's heart was basically racing. Kazuha slowly leaned forward and pressed his lips against Scaramouche's. It was the same taste Scaramouche remembered from the party and the most exhilarating thing ever. It felt like fireworks were popping inside. Probably the butterflies in his stomach throwing a party over how it finally happened. After a few seconds, they broke apart and silence lingered between them. They didn't need to say anything. That kiss said everything for them. Kazuha touched his forehead against Scaramouche's, giggling, now holding both of Scaramouche's hands in his.

"Well, this marks our second kiss, huh?" Kazuha said.

"Huh?" Scaramouche's eyes widened in surprise.

"Did you really think I was that drunk?" Kazuha said, with a smirk. "You really enjoyed that kiss at the party, didn't you?" He teased, leaning even more forward.

Scaramouche's face was as red as a fucking tomato now. Kazuha remembered everything?! Arghh, he just wanted to throw himself into the ocean. He hid his face into Kazuha's shirt, as the albino laughed loudly at his reaction before just gazing down at the shorter boy with a loving smile.

Finally, he thought.

"We should start heading home now. It's late." Kazuha said, looking up at the darkening sky.

"Yeah, you're right." Scaramouche said, lifting his head.

"Come on, I'll walk you home." Kazuha said.

So, with their hands still intertwined together, the new couple walked off in peaceful silence as the moon started to rise over the horizon, stars appearing in the dark sky.