Chapter 25

Wait, what?

Kazuha, Venti and Scaramouche were prepared for the tensions in school today lunch when Heizou and Xiao meet up but... There was no tensions at all?! The two were completely fine with each other?! What happened?!

"Why're you guys staring at us?" Xiao asked, noticing the other three.

"Why are you two so... so normal?" Kazuha blurted out as Xiao and Heizou just furrowed their bows.

"Ehe..." Venti let out a nervous laugh as he glared at Kazuha. "What Kazuha means is that weren't you two fighting?"

"Oh, that." Heizou said. "Well, me and Xiao just texted each other a few apologies after blocking each other for some days." 

"We both realized how we acted like idiots and just sucked up our pride and said sorry." Xiao added. 

"I see..." Kazuha muttered. 

"How lame." Scaramouche commented, suddenly, as everyone looked at him. "I was expecting some nice, friendship drama but I'm disappointed now." He let out a little puff as he rested his face against the table. 

"Did you seriously want us to fight so you could be entertained?" Heizou said, disbelievingly. 

"Pretty much." Scaramouche responded.

"Why are you like this..." Kazuha said, hitting Scaramouche lightly on his head.

"Anyways, did you guys hear of Ayaka's birthday party?" Venti asked.

"Ayaka? You mean Thoma's friend?" Heizou asked.

"Isn't she Ayato's younger sister?" Xiao asked.

"Yes, the famous Kamisato Ayaka." Venti said, rolling is eyes. "She's having a large birthday party this weekend and she asked me and Xiao to come! Have you guys heard anything?"

"Nope." Kazuha and Heizou replied in unison.

"Huh... What about you, Scaramouche?" Venti asked.

"Yeah, I have." Scaramouche answered.

Scaramouche and Ayaka were both partnered up for the experiment in chemistry which was good for Scaramouche since chemistry was the one subject he was absolute shit at but Ayaka was top of the class. So being partners with her was the best thing to happen to any student in chemistry. 

Scaramouche and Ayaka barely spoke to each other apart from Ayaka saying 'good morning' or 'hello' to him from time to time to just be nice.  So, it was a bit awkward for Scaramouche at the start while Ayaka was completely normal. To be honest, Scaramouche felt a little bit envious of Ayaka and how happy and relaxed she is around, basically, anyone. She was really nice so he didn't hate her, of course. 

Out of nowhere, while in the middle of class, she just randomly asked him.

"Are you free this weekend?"

"What?" Scaramouche said, looking up from his notebook.

"I wanted to know whether you were free this weekend." Ayaka repeated.

"Uh, I'm not sure yet..."Scaramouche responded, confused as to why she was asking this.

"I was hoping you could come to my birthday party on Saturday." Ayaka said. "My brother is throwing a large party at our house this weekend and told me I could invite anyone I wanted so I want to invite you to my birthday, Scaramouche."

That was the first time Scaramouche had ever received an invitation to a birthday party. Scaramouche doubts he needs to mention the reason since everybody is probably aware of it very clearly.

"I'll see." He answered.

"Yay! I hope to see you there!" Ayaka cheered, with a small clap of her hands.

"So are you going to go?" Heizou asked.

"I don't know..." Scaramouche replied. 

"Well, my house is always free for Shoko." Venti said. 

"Are you sure we're not annoying at this point?" Scaramouche asked. He felt he was demanding too much by sending Shoko to Venti's house whenever he goes somewhere so he can avoid anything bad...

"No, Klee loves having Shoko over at our house. And it helps keep Klee busy meaning I can get some work done without her barging in to play." Venti said, with a small laugh. And than there was the other unsaid reason. Scaramouche's father. 

"It'll be more fun if all five of us go together." Xiao said. 

"I agree." Heizou said, nodding enthusiastically. 

Scaramouche looked over at Kazuha who hadn't said anything, which was surprising considering Kazuha is almost never silent. Their eyes met and Kazuha just smiled before looking away. Scaramouche felt bothered by that for some reason. Kazuha's smiles always bothered him in some way but this one felt sort of different. It felt more upsetting... Was Kazuha avoiding him? He sure was acting different and a little more distant. And it made Scaramouche frustrated. He didn't want Kazuha avoiding him. He enjoyed Kazuha's eccentric company and this distant feeling really fucking pissed him off.

Meanwhile, Kazuha was feeling conflicted. He hated this too. He wanted to be as close as possible to Scaramouche like normal but now that he has realized his feelings for Scaramouche, he just couldn't. The slightest touch made him flustered and holding back was really hard from him. Kazuha was the impatient type who would always try to get whatever he wanted right away when he wants it. But Scaramouche was a different case.  He didn't know what to do when it came to Scaramouche. 

It was clear Scaramouche had no time for a relationship with someone and there was a chance he might get rejected either ways. Who knew, Scaramouche might not be gay. So trying to be close to him like he did before was hard because than it just made holding back really difficult too. He just really wanted to kiss him and hug him... He wanted to do all the stuff lovers did together. But he couldn't. And he'll just have to deal with it. 

"I'll come." Scaramouche said, suddenly. "I'll definitely come."

"Yay!" Venti and Heiozu cheered, both grinning broadly at Scaramouche.

But Scaramouche was only focused on Kazuha. He was looking at him with this look of fierce determination on his face. It was kind of hot. Kazuha couldn't help but let a small smile form on his face at this adorable look of Scaramouche's.

The party would be really fun, wouldn't it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for not updating these past few days!!

I guess writer's block has just come for me now o(TヘTo). 

I just wanted to say sorry for the long wait and thank you for continuing to support this book, I'm really happy you all like it so much even if I find it cringy (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

I'll try to update a lot more now!!