Old Ladies and Hooligans

:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sleep is such a beautiful thing. For example, if someone goes to sleep angry and they have their desired amount of sleep, they will wake up in a much better mood.

Until they remember the reason they were angry.

And that is exactly what happened to me. I woke up with a solid twelve hours of sleep- a very rare occasion. Then I went to the bathroom thinking of all the things I had to do today. Then I remember Maddie was suppose to help me unpack today.

Remembering Maddie made me remember Jason. Then he made me remember disrespectful Amber. And that wasn't even what got me in a bad mood.

It was the fact that Jason did not apologize. He let that rude little piece of work say those things to me. They don't even know me. They don't even know that I am angry right now and that makes me angrier.

After stepping out of my bathroom I make my way into the kitchen to get my daily dose of Nutella goodness. Another thing that made me angry is that I had to go to bed hungry because I didn't want to talk to Maddie.

Overdramatic, probably but that will teach her to not leave me with a practical stranger.

I grab my strawberry pop tarts from the cabinet and smeared some Nutella on them. Then I grabbed a glass of milk and made my way into the living room.

Before my butt could hit the soft couch, there was a knock on the door.

With a sigh, I put down my yummy breakfast on the coffee table and walked to open my door.

As I reached for the door handle turned and the door opened. But before the panick could set in, my grandmother smiled at me.

"Oh my gosh old lady you scared me." I breathed out putting a hand over my heart.

"Who are you calling old, you hooligan?" She asked with a smile.

Instead of answering I jump into her welcoming arms and gave her a tight hug. I don't care if your grandmother was Jesus' mom. My grandmother gives the best hugs.

"I missed you so much old lady." I laughed. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't help the misty eyes.

"I missed my hooligan too." she said hugging me back. "Now where's Maddie?"

"How did you know Maddie spent the night?" I asked crinkling my eyebrows. "And how did you get a key?"

"Oh please, you and Maddie have been connected to the hips the second you guys met in preschool. I would suspect that the first night in your own apartment she would be here." She replied as she stepped into the apartment. "I have the keys to your apartment because I bought this apartment for you. So if I want a key, I will have one."

Well then.

"But the real reason I have one is because the landlord gave me two keys and I forgot to give you the other. So here you go. She confessed as she tossed me the keys.

"Oh, why thank you." I rolled my eyes.

I walked into the living room and grabbed one of my pop tarts and took a bites.

"Tell me you are not eating near that five thousand dollar couch." She scolded following me into the living room.

All of a sudden I was coughing. Did she just say five thousand dollars?

"Did you just say five thousand dollars?" I asked as she runs her hands on my back.

"Of course." She nodded.