Baby Blues

Man I'm sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning." I said to the office secretary Monday morning.

"What's so good about it?" She asked bitterly.

Wow, someone's a morning person.

"Is Principal Rivers here yet?" I asked her cutting to the chase.

"No she's in a meeting."

At seven thirty in the morning?

"Well when will she be done?" I asked her not letting my frustration show.

"I don't know, try again at eight." She said dismissively. 

"Thanks" I said with a tight lipped smile.

Great.

I took a seat on one of the chairs and waited. While I waited I answered a text from Alex and scrolled through social media.

At around seven fourth five the office door opened and Principal Rivers walked in.

"Sorry I'm late, I had to speak with Ms King-" she started saying but stopped short when she noticed me.

"Hello Casey." She said with a smile.

She knows my name? It is never good for the principal to know your name.

"Hi Mrs. Rivers." I answered with a nervous smile.

"What can I do for you?" She asked walking towards her office door.

"I need to speak with you about something that happened on Thursday." I told her. She motioned for me to come in her office. She pointed to a chair and I took a seat on one.

"Is this about the cupcake incident?" She asked filling through a folder on her desk.

She already knows?

"How do you know about that?" I asked politely.

"Amber Kingston came in here this morning to talk to me about it." She said looking at me.

"What?" I asked a little more forceful than I intended.

That sneaky little.

"According to her it was a misunderstanding on her part."

Misunderstanding?

"It wasn't a misunderstanding." I said. She put her hands up and stopped what I was going to say next.

"I figured as much Ms Manning." She said to my surprise.

"You did?" I asked with a frown.

"Yes, I've know Ms Kingston for three years. She would never come into my office unless something was up." She said and I let out a sigh of relief.

"However, I have not time to deal with teenage drama." She said seriously.

"That is why you and Ms Kingston are going to meet with a guidance counselor during your lunch period today and any following day that the counselor suggests." Principal Rivers said and my eyes widened.