Small Envelopes

It's Monday morning and I feel absolutely dead. Which isn't that abnormal, but today I feel extra dead.

I couldn't for the life of me fall asleep last night.

And I'm feeling the effects now.

With my head down on the table in the library I waited for Jason who texted he was going to be late.

Also very normal.

"Here." Someone placed something on the table.

Thinking its Jason with my iced coffee I reached for it without lifting my head. Only to find a warm cup instead of a cold one.

"I asked for iced coffee." I pouted with my head still down.

"You could just say thank you." The voice said and I looked up at Christopher.

"What do you want?" I asked bitterly.

"Just wanted to bring you coffee." He smiled.

"I don't want it." I snapped, pushing the coffee towards him. "And I want you to leave me alone."

"I've been doing that, but you won't talk to me. So I'm taking a different approach." He smiled as he took a seat across from me.

"Don't." I glared.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I don't want to hear anything you have to say."

I don't even know why I bother answering. The longer I talk to him the longer he'll stay.

"Why, are you afraid to hear what I have to say?" He smiled again.

"No Christopher, I'm not afraid. I'm absolutely pissed. I'm pissed that you came here. I'm pissed that you will not leave me alone and I'm pissed that I can't punch the hell out of you right now." I snapped and his smile dropped.

"You're not even the slightest curious of to why I left?" He asked and I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Not anymore." I told him. "I'm not the same girl you dated Chris, she doesn't even exist anymore."

"And I'm not the same guy Case." He defended and I shook my head.

"Yes you are. Whenever things don't go your way you threaten people. When you're angry you take it out on other people and when your not confident you bring other people's confidence down. You're so immature and you don't realize it." I told him.

The library door opened and Jason walked in. He looked straight at me and whatever good mood he had went out the door at the sight of Christopher.

"You need to leave." I said pointing from the door. Jason reached us and he placed my iced coffee in front of me.

Chris's fake smiled reappeared on his face and he stood up.

"I'll see you in third period." He said and I scoffed at him.

He nodded at Jason in greeting but Jason didn't return the gesture.

"Bye Case." Chris smiled one last time before walking away.

"I hate him." I said to Jason before he could say anything. He took the seat that Chis had just occupied and I sipped my ice coffee.

"Thank you." I said in gratitude and he nodded.

"You're not wearing your sling." I pointed out.

"I will, I needed to drive so I didn't put it on." He said and I gave him a disapproving look.