Secrets and Shots

Part 2

"When I grow up, I wanna be a star. I wanna be in movies." I sang around my kitchen as I prepped a snack.

In one of Jason's sweatshirts and my underwear.

Sometimes I need to be like Calliope Torres.

I reached into the fridge and grabbed a container of vanilla yogurt while shaking my butt.

"Be careful what you wish for cuz you just might get it." I sang before turning back around. "You just might-"

Jason looked at me from the doorway of my apartment with amusement clear on his face and I let out a scream and crouched behind the counter.

But on my way down I lost my footing and actually fell.

I heard him burst into laughter and I just covered my face and stayed on the ground.

"You okay?" He asked through his laughter and I tried to stand up.

"Stop laughing." I demanded but he ignored me.

"Where are your pants?" He laughed before making his way towards me.

My face turned crimson and I grimaced and he grinned at me.

"I'm actually so embarrassed right now." I replied and his grin widened.

"If it makes you feel better, I don't mind it at all."

"Of course you don't." I rolled my eyes before turning the music down.

"What are your plans a today?" He asked me and I continued making my snack.

"Maddie and Katie are coming over for a girls night." I informed him before frowning. "Did you want to do something?"

"I did, but you're lame and already have plans." He shrugged before taking a few blueberries from my bowl and I smacked his hand away.

"We can do something tomorrow." I suggested.

"Lizzie's birthday is tomorrow." He replied and I nodded.

"Speaking of which, I have to give her my present." I smiled and he stood up and walked to the fridge.

He grabbed a water bottle and nodded.

"Well, you could always give it to her yourself. You're going to my dad's house."

"I'm still surprised she doesn't want a party." I sighed before grabbing a spoon from the drawer. I hopped up on the counter with my fruit and yogurt bowl and Jason leaned I across from me.

"Lizzie doesn't exactly enjoy parties. A bunch of people singing Happy Birthday to her is basically her biggest nightmare." He explained and I nodded.

"Understandable."

My phone started ringing, cutting off the music and Jason grabbed it and handed it to me.

Without checking caller ID, I answered.

"Hello?"

"Are you going to prom?"" My grandmother voice asked.

"Hello to you too Grandmother." I rolled my eyes.

"Are you going to prom?" She asked again and I let out a sigh.

"Perhaps." I told her and Jason frowned at me.

Prom is like two and a half months away. I haven't even decided yet.