More Than Nutella

I really want to dedicate this chapter to Ayehu3 she always leaves me awesome comments. Thanks so much for them, I always take the time to read them 😊

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I paced my kitchen floor and Beastly flowed every step as I waited for the phone to ring.

"Will you quit following me?" I asked the dog and he let out a bark.

I returned to my pacing and finally, mom answered the phone.

"Hey sweetheart." She smiled and I relaxed a little.

"Hi." I breathed out and my pacing slowed.

"What's up?" She asked and I let out a sigh.

"I think I regret not applying to college." I sighed.

At the end of my party there was a bonfire and all everyone talked about was which college they're going to and what they're studying.

"Casey, college will still be there next year. You took a year off because you were emotionally tired of school." She reminded and I nodded.

It's true, I did.

"And trust me, I truly believe that you made the right choice. College is not easy and I think you need that break." She reminded and I nodded.

"Thanks mom." I sighed.

"Is that all?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Yes." I told her instead.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

No, absolutely not. I'm still madly in love with Jason Christopher McCall.

"Yes." I said again.

"Really?" So we can talk about Jason without you wanting to cry?" She asked and I cringed.

Dang it.

"Mom." I said slowly.

"Sweetheart, your father and I taught you to always go after what you want. Correct?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes."

"Its time for you to practice what we taught you." She said and I let sigh.

"I can't, I messed up." I told her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Sliding to the floor, I launched into the story of how Jason tried to kiss me on Friday night and how I blatantly rejected him.

"Why didn't you kiss him?" She asked and I scratched behind Beastly's ear.

"I didn't want it to be the wrong kiss." I told her and as I said it out loud, I realized how stupid that sounded.

There's no such thing as a wrong kiss with Jason McCall.

"I suppose that makes sense." Mom stated over the phone and I nodded.

"Yeah."

"Well, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think you guys will work things out, I am team Cason." She said and I gasped.

"How do you know about that?" I asked and she laughed.

"Yours and Maddie's girl talk isn't very quiet at two o'clock in the morning." She said and I grinned.