Unknown Diseases

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday morning I woke up with a killer headache.

I think I might still be hungover from Tyler's party on Friday.

No, I don't think I actually am because one I didn't even have more than two drinks. Second, alcohol cannot stay in my system for that long. Can it?

With a lot of effort I got out of bed and did my morning routine. Without ease, I slipped on a pair of black sweatpants, a gray talk top and a red flannel rolled up to my elbows and I left it unbuttoned. I punt on my black Adidas high tops and made my way back to the bathroom. I grabbed two Advil from behind the medicine cabinet and swallowed it after chugging water. Sluggishly I went in the kitchen and prepped my breakfast.

At exactly eight forty five I reluctantly made my way out of the apartment and towards my car.

***

Oh God the bell.

The shrill ring made my ear drum vibrate and I winced from pain. Those two Advil didn't do their job. In fact I think it made things worst. I fell sluggish. Like I'm getting-. Nope I'm not going to say it.

I made my way to history with just my history binder and a pencil. My whole body ache. The idea of a backpack is out of the picture. I know I'm still sore but this is different. I ache and I don't know why.

I sat down in my seat and took out last weeks homework. Only Mr. Pilot gave us homework over the weekend.

I cleared my throat and massage my temple trying to relieve some of the pain, so far it's not working. Maddie and Katie walked in but I ignored them and placed my cheek on my desk. I cleared my throat again and let out a sigh.

"What's wrong with you?" Maddie asked. There was absolutely no sympathy in her voice. My best friend ladies and gentlemen.

"Nothing." I answered not lifting my head from my desk. I'm obviously lying but I can't say the word. If I do then it's real and I won't be able to fight it.

I let out another sigh right as Jason and Tyler sits down in their rightful seats.

"Are you okay?" Jason asked. At least he asked gently, unlike Maddie.

I nodded not wanting to answer. I cleared my throat. My throat is itchy.

"Are you s-"

"Don't say it." Maddie and I exclaimed. Jason looked at us in confusion.

"I was just going to ask if you were s-"

"Seriously, don't say the word." Maddie said shaking her head.

"What word? Sick?" Tyler asked with a raised eyebrow and Maddie looked at him with wide eye.

I hate that boy.

We literally just said to not say that. And what did he do? He said it like the idiot he is.

Every time I'm sick, I avoid the word sick. Every single time the word is said out loud or thought of my sickness gets ten times worst. At least that's my theory.

Maddie knows this too, that's why she tried to stop Jason from saying it. Who knew her idiot boyfriend was going to say it?

I cleared my itchy throat again and prepped myself for a very long day.

***

It's official. I'm sick.

And not just a little common cold sick. No I mean I spent the whole night/morning vomiting.