We're Going To Be Okay

"Can you believe we graduate in less than a month?" I asked Maddie as I hung upside down on her bed.

"Can you believe I'm going to college in like four months?" She asked from the bathroom.

Yes, and it makes me kind of sad.

"I can't, because I didn't even think you were going to graduate high school. Let alone get accepted into college." I teased and her head popped out through the door.

"I hate you and I hope you burn in hell." She glared.

"Yes sir, Satan sir." I saluted and she let out an exasperated sigh.

"I love you." I laughed.

"Okay, so where are you going again?" I asked and I sat up properly on the bed.

"Dad has this fancy dinner thing for 'Best Coaches' and it's a family thing." She replied before walking out of the bathroom with full makeup on and he hair curled and pinned to one side.

"Shouldn't that have been done like a while ago since football was in the fall?" I asked and she walked over to her closet.

"No, it's at the end of the year so that every sport will be included." She explained and I nodded.

My phone began ringing and I reached over and grabbed it.

Katherine's name popped up and I answered.

"Hello."

"Hi Casey, how are you?" Stacey replied and I frowned.

"Hey Stace. Why do you have Katherine's phone?" I asked.

"Calm down, she's in the room. I just wanted to invite you to my birthday party on Saturday." She said and I smiled.

"Will there be cake?" I teased and she let out an annoyed sigh.

"Yes there will be cake. What kind of birthday party doesn't have cake?" She asked.

"Stacey." I heard Katherine scold in the background and I smiled.

"Then in that case I would love to come to your birthday party."

"Also, you can invite Jason too if you want." She stated and my smile faltered.

"I'll ask him, but there's not promise that he will be there okay?"

"Will you just ask him?" She asked and I smiled a little.

"Why? Do you have a crush on Jason?" I asked and I could hear her groan.

"It's totally okay if you do." I teased.

"Stop it." She hissed and I smiled.

"I will invite Jason to your party."

"That all you had to say." She replied before hanging up.

Before I could place it down, my phone chimed at a text from Jason.

"Jason just texted me asking what I'm doing."

"He wasn't at school today." Maddie stated and I rolled my eyes.

"I am very aware." I told her.

"That's like the only day he's missed this entire year." She stated and I nodded.