NYC II

At the sound of his name, Elliot unglued his eyes from his phone and looked up right at me.

My breathing became ragged as I looked at the boy that I use to love.

He gave me a surprised look before a smile lit up his face and just for a second I considered smiling back at him.

But that second vanished when Maddie lunged over the counter and punched him square in the face.

There was a loud crash when she knocked over two display trays. The other barista was yelling at the top of his lungs asking Maddie what the hell was wrong with her and Jason was trying very hard to keep Maddie from jumping completely over the counter and killing Elliot. Customers were leaving, and others were taking their phones out and recording everything.

But through the entire chaos I remained frozen, my gaze locked on Elliot.

"I told you the next time I saw you that I would punch you in the face." Maddie sneered. 

"Get out!" The barista yelled. "Get the hell out of this coffeeshop."

"Casey?" Elliot inquired.

And just like that, I snapped out of it. Just my name leaving his lips, snapped me out of whatever trance I was in.

I pulled out a fifty dollar bill from my wallet and placed it on the counter in front of the barista before running out of the coffeeshop with Jason dragging Maddie behind me while she yelled very vivid ways she was going to hurt Elliot. 

The cold air slapped my face and I found the nearest trashcan and I bent over it waiting for my lunch to come back up. Because that what it felt like. It felt like my lunch was going to come back up.

Once I was certain that wasn't going to happen, I found the nearest park bench and sat down and took a deep breath.

"I should go back in there and stab him in the throat with a straw." Maddie and I shook my head at her.

"I don't think they'll let you back in the door." Jason replied and I smiled up at him.

"How're you feeling?" He asked me  before taking the seat next to me and I let out a sigh before burying my face into his shirt.

How is he not freaking out?

"Stupid." I replied, my voice muffled from his shirt.

"Why do you feel stupid? He should be feeling stupid." Maddie snapped, she stopped pacing and took the seat on the other side of me.

"Would you calm down?" I asked her and she looked at me in surprise.

"How are you not livid right now?" She asked through gritted teeth.  "If  the person I loved did something like that to me I would feel burning rage every time I saw him." She fumed and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh, God." She muttered before looking at me.

"Oh my God, Tyler." She gasped in realization and I nodded.

"Not exactly the same situation but yes." I informed her.

We both got betrayed by someone we loved.

"Oh, God." She muttered before standing up.

"I have to go." She added frantically before going to the edge of the street and hauling a cab.