Making Friends

The next day I woke up at twelve in the afternoon. I pulled an all nighter watching Netflix. I am now on season two of Grey's Anatomy.

I need to shower and clean my apartment.

I stripped off the shorts and shirt I slept in and reached for my towel. But as I walked by my full length mirror I stopped.

I look at the long faint scar on the right side of my ribs and sighed. No one can really see it unless they're right next to me. But it's there nonetheless.

This scar is a reminder. A reminder of what I lost. A reminder that I will have with me for the rest of my life.

I let out another sigh and made my way in to the shower.

Afterwards while I was brushing my teeth I started thinking about I the night before.

I regret every single second of it. From meeting Evan Richards to finding out that he had a girlfriend.

I shouldn't feel dirty because I didn't do anything wrong. But I do.

I should have been more careful. The first thing I should have asked was if he had a girlfriend. But, I was too busy drooling over his attractiveness to ask that.

I walked out of the bathroom and into my room towards my closet.

I pulled on a T-shirt and a pair of leggings.

Once changed, I walked out of my room and into the kitchen. I made my regular Nutella and pop tart and grabbed my phone to put on some music.

I needed a distraction from my own thoughts.

After my delicious breakfast that didn't have any nutritious value I set out on cleaning.

***

Before I drove off to Maddie's house I sent her a text telling her I'm coming over early.

A few seconds later she texted me back telling me that's fine and that Katie was over also.

When I arrived I just let myself in. The Hendersons should be used to me walking into their home without knocking by now.

I walked into the kitchen to drop off the brownies and I found Mrs Henderson putting something in the fridge.

"Hey Mrs H." I mustered a forced smile.

"Casey, hey sweetie." She replied with a warm smile.

I placed the brownies on the counter and pointed upstairs.

"Are they up there?" I asked her.

"No they're out by the pool." She smiled. But her smiled turned into a frown.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I said a little too quickly.

But I don't want to bring Mrs H in to my internal conflicts.

"I'm going to go find the girls." I said and quickly turned before she could say anything else.

The girls were lounging around the pool when I stepped into the backyard.

"I'm a home wrecker." I told them as I plopped down on one of the poolside chairs.

"What do to mean?" Maddie asked.

"I partied with Evan Richards last night."

"I know, how could you be so stupid?" She asked.