Mother Dearest

Song for Chapter: Big Girls Cry by Sia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom?

"What?" I asked with a gasp. But Jason ignored me and walked right past me and walked towards the woman and I followed behind.

"Jason." She breathed out in surprise.

"Mom?" He repeated, she nodded and smiled.

In that same split second Jason blinked and his entire demeanor changed and it changed into something I've never seen before.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked raising his chin in anger.

As if he wasn't tall enough.

"I-" His mother started and she glanced at me.

"Leave, just like you did before." Jason snapped.

"I'd like to explain." The woman answered and Jason let out a humorless laugh.

A laugh that I would be happy if I never heard again.

"I don't want a fucking explanation." He sneered. "I want you to leave."

And before I knew it, he was dragging me into his apartment.

The door slammed shut behind me and Jason turned to look at me.

"Casey that-" He started but stopped, but I nodded anyways because I knew what he was trying to say.

This was not good.

"What the fuck?" He cursed and I nodded again.

"What is she doing here?" He asked and I shrugged hopelessly.

That's when the pacing began. Jason barely ever paces because he's the calm one, the logical one. The one that always has his ducks in a row, even when he doesn't.

"Jason please calm down." I said before I could stop myself.

Never tell someone panicking to calm down.

"Calm down? How the hell do I do that?" He asked and I took a step towards him.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized.

"Why are you apologizing? It's not like you made her come back." He stated and I choked in a breath.

"Casey I have to get out of this apartment." He breathed out and he started pacing again.

"But I can't see her again. Fuck, I can't see her again." He told me and for the first time since I've known Jason McCall, I saw fear in his eyes.

"I can go check for you." I offered.

Receiving a nod from him, I grabbed the door handle and stepped out. Coming face to face the with Jason's mother I took in a sharp breath.

She's absolutely beautiful.

Her long brown hair cascaded around her face like a silky vail and her high cheekbones gave off a strong and fierce aura. Her electric blue eyes looked up at me and I had to blink a few times to refocus.