Movie Night

Song for Chapter: Young, Wildlife & Free. By: Wiz Khalifa/Snoop Dogg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" I asked Jason and he nodded.

"I'm sure, Lizzie and I have a very important date today." He nodded and I grinned.

He's so sweet.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Are you planning on drinking? Do you need me to come pick you up?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, I might have one hard lemonade when I get there, but it'll be out of my system before I leave." I explained and he nodded.

"Alright, be safe." He sighed and I smiled at him.

"Yes sir." I nodded. I grabbed his upper arm and leaned on my tip toes to kiss him.

"I love you too." I smiled after kissing him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason

"Elizabeth, pick a movie." I sighed.

"But I don't know what to pick." She sighed as she scrolled through our movie collection.

"Then let me pick." I sighed before eating a handful of popcorn.

"No, it's my turn to pick." She argued and I sighed.

"Well hurry up, we're almost out of popcorn." I nodded at the half empty bowl.

"Go make some more." She demanded without looking away from the tv.

"No, Belle is the one that ate most of it." I replied as I tossed a popcorn at the dog.

"Stop feeding her."" She scolded.

"Where's dad?" I asked her as she continued her search for a movie.

"He told Darla that he had a dinner meeting." She shrugged and I nodded.

"Okay, I found one." Lizzie nodded before putting The Parent Trap into the DVD player.

"It's about time." I sighed and she rolled her eyes before joining me on the couch.

"This movie is a classic." Lizzie smiled and I rolled my eyes at her.

Not really.

I heard the front door open and I took my foot off the coffee table, just in time for my father to walk in.

"Oh, I didn't know you were here." He frowned once he stepped into the living room.

"It's Movie Night." I replied and he nodded.

"Wanna watch with us?" Lizzie asked and I fought the urge to reply no.

"I can't sweetheart. I have a video conference in about thirty minutes." Dad replied.

Knew it.

"At ten o'clock on a Friday?" I frowned.

"It is in Australia, for them it's lunch time." He replied and I nodded.

"Well good luck with you call dad." Lizzie smiled at him and he nodded before walking out of the room.

"I'm glad he's home more." Lizzie smiled and I gave her a nod before returning my eyes to the tv.