Vince

I am sick and it took everything in me to write this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason

"Happy Birthday Liz." I proclaimed as she got in the car.

"You said this to me this morning." She rolled her eyes.

"Is it still your birthday?" I asked and she let out a sigh before nodding.

"Then Happy Birthday." I told her before driving away from the school's parking lot.

"Where are we going? Home is the other way." She pointed out when I took a different turn than usual.

"I am aware. But your present is this way." I told her.

As I drove, Lizzie plugged up her phone and turned on The Phantom of The Opera soundtrack and I let out an inaudible sigh as she sang along.

"Where are we going?" She asked and I glanced at her.

"It's a surprise, I already told you."

"Yes, you did. But you also know that I hate surprises." She raised an eyebrow at me and I sighed.

"We're almost there, five more minutes, tops."

"Fine."

I finished the drive as Lizzie continued to belt out her music. I placed the car in park and turned down the song.

"Why are we here? Where are we?" She frowned looking around the large parking lot.

"We are behind the movie theater and we are here because, you are going to drive." I smiled at her and her eyes widened.

"I am what?"

I took the keys out of the ignition and handed them to her.

"You want me to die? It's my birthday and you want to kill me?" She asked not taking the keys and I rolled my eyes at her.

"You're not going to die."

"I'm going to die." She argued.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to." I told her.

"When I turned twelve uncle Vince took me on a motorcycle ride. I just thought maybe you want to go on a motorcycle ride, except with a car." I explained.

"I don't want to do this." She shook her head and I nodded.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Last offer."

"I'm sure." She nodded.

"Do you want to go to the bookstore?" I asked and she nodded.

"Nerd." I smiled and started the car again.

I'm not at all surprised that she didn't want to do this, that's why I had a plan B just in case.

*

"Okay, but why can't I have an entire pie for dinner?" Lizzie asked Darla and Casey laughed behind her hand.

"Because you would get sick." Darla replied.

"You don't know that."

"Lizzie just wait until after dinner." I sighed.

"I just want pie." She pouted and Casey smiled at her.