Homecoming Weekend Part I

Six hours later and I'm finally in a comfortable bed and sweatpants instead of those awful hospital beds.

Except I'm not in my usual bed, I'm at my moms house.

The doctor suggested that I spent the night under some sort of supervision. I was thinking Maddie could spend the night, but my mother was thinking something else.

After the nurse had arrived and called 911 Jason had carried me to her office because we didn't want to cause a bigger scene when  lunch was over.

We waited there for the EMS people to arrive. When they did they injected me with something, I don't know what but my breathing did come a little easier after it.

*

I was in the state between sleep and awake when my mom knocked on the door.

"Casey, you have some visitors. Are you up for it?" She asked.

Visitors?

"Who is it?"

"Maddie and two other girls, and a bunch of guys from the football team I think."

What?

"Tell them they can come in but only let Maddie in for a few seconds." I told her sitting up.

She nodded and left the room. A few moments later Maddie came in and took a seat next to me on the bed. She gave me a hug and I hugged her back.

"I was so scared." She whispered and her eyes welled up with tears.

"Me too." I admitted.

She hugged me again and I let out a sigh.

"Who else is out there?" I asked her.

"Katie, Hilary, Jason, Tyler, Adam, Alex and a bunch of other  players." She answered.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yup. You are very liked my friend." Maddie said.

"Well does my face look okay enough to have visitors?" I asked her. My face swelled up about twice its size. And the swelling has only gone down a little.

"You look fine Case. Plus if anyone says something I'll punch them in the face." Maddie said with a small smile.

"Also you got your Epi-Pen injection on time, so the swellings not so bad. It's your cheeks are just a little puffy. " she said with a nod.

"Okay let them in." I said nodding.

Katie was the first to walk in, and once she did everyone else came in.

"Whoa." I said in disbelief.

Most if not all of the first stringers were here. From offense and defense. And many of them were either holding bouquets of flowers or balloons or some sort of get well soon something.

"Guys I'm not dying." I said with a smile. But they have no idea how thankful I am that they're here. My heart feels warm.