Casey Manning is Pure Savage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Coach was introducing me to the team, I got many reactions. But most of them fell into the categories of the ones the captains gave me. Anger, shock or amusement.

A lot of them were angry that a girl was going to be managing them. I just kept a smile on my face, I don't want to be on these guys bad side just yet.

Then there were the ones that laughed thinking that this is some kind of joke. Those few are automatically on my bad side.

Lets not forget the ones that were completely shocked that I even knew what football was. They were my favorite, because the did not talk at all.

I debated showing those boys that I don't just know about football; but also I know how to throw a football too. But I decided to show off at a later time.

So here I am, in the parking lot waiting on Maddie so she can take me home. The scrimmage was done about thirty minutes ago. How long does it take to put away some pompoms?

Apparently thirty minutes.

Taking out my phone to pass the time I debate calling my mom. Nah, she's probably sleeping. Even if it's only nine o'clock at night. She has work in the morning.

So using my time wisely, I decided to try and memorize some of the plays in my book.

When I was able to memorize three of them . A group of people emerge from the right side of the school. One of them being Maddie.

Finally.

When she sees me she seems surprised.

"Oh crap, I totally forgot about you." She covered her mouth. Well gee, thanks best friend.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

That's when I notice the other people in the group. Tyler is next to her talking to Adam who has his arm around a girl that looked really familiar. I think she was in my English class freshmen year and I think her name is Katie. Jason is talking to a girl that looks the age of eleven or twelve. Maybe that's his sister.

Suddenly I remember Maddie telling me that Tyler asked her out after the game today.

"Aww man, you're ditching me?" I asked. How could I have forgotten that I would need a ride home after this.

Then the little girl spoke up.

"Jason are we leaving or can I have the keys to go wait in the car?" She asked. Jason simply tossed her the keys without stopping his conversation.

"How could I forget about you? You drove here with my car." Maddie said.

"I don't know Maddie, I don't know how you could forget about a person you've know since preschool who happens to be your best friend." I huffed. How the hell does she expect me to get home?

Around me I can feel the other conversations dying and their eyes turning to us.

"Is there a problem babe?" Tyler said.

Ew he called her babe.

"Uhhh....well....yes. Kind of. Okay, yes. I forgot I was suppose to take Maddie home after the game." She answered in a sheepish tone.

"Oh" he replied while I glared at Maddie.

Even if this is partially my fault. I should have remembered about her date and made a different arrangement to get home.

"Wait, why doesn't she take your car home and I'll drop you off later? I'm sure your parents would understand." Tyler said as he put his hands on my best friends shoulder.