Takes One To Know One

"Crap, I'm actually doing this." I breathed out as I stared in the mirror.

"Just relax, a haircut is suppose to be relaxing." Patrick soothed and I shook my head.

"You're right, this is relaxing." I nodded.

"I'm just gonna wash your hair." Patrick smiled at me in the mirror.

And so, as he washed my hair I closed my eyes and thought of peaceful things.

The sound of the waves crashing on the shore.

A beautiful foggy morning.

I heard the sound of scissors and I breath in.

"Jesus, calm down." Patrick scolded.

Nodding, I closed my eyes again and thought of more peaceful things.

*

I knocked on Jason's door and waited while I answered a text from Maddie.

So far I've received only positive reviews on my hair.

Not that I'm surprised, Patrick never fails.

I had asked him to cut off a good chunk and that's exactly what he did.

Now, my usual long hair that would go down to just above my butt is styled in loose waves just barely touching my shoulders.

Lizzie opened the door and I smiled at her

Lizzie opened the door and I smiled at her. Her mouth dropped open in surprise and I grinned.

"Hey Lizzie, how was LA?"

"Your hair." She chimed and I nodded.

"I love it." She grinned before reaching up and touching a strand of hair.

"Thank you." I smiled as she closed the door behind us.

"Liz, who was it?" Jason's voice shouted from whatever room he was in.

"Casey." I replied and he came into view.

"Shit, you look even better in person." He said and I let out a laugh.

I may or may not have sent him multiple pictures of my new hairdo.

"Thanks babe." I nodded.

"Liz, you ready for your lesson?" I asked.

"I just gotta go grab my guitar." She nodded before going to her room.