Singing Scoops

A/N: I know I said I was gonna make shorter chapters. Then I gave you guys like a giant chapter last time and this one is pretty lengthy too, but they won't always be like this. I just had to write something to hold you over because I'm so busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The library door opened and Jason made his way towards me and I smiled a little. Instead of sitting in front of me, he dragged his chair over and and placed it next to mine and sat down.

Before I could register what was happening he placed his lips on mine. It didn't even take me a millisecond for me to respond and kiss him back.

"Hi." He said pulling away with a smile.

"Hi yourself. Not that I'm complaining, but what was that for?" I asked with a smile.

"That was me saying sorry I had to cancel last night." He answered and I nodded.

Yesterday while Lizzie was a my gymnastic practice she landed funny and hurt her ankle. Many hours later in the ER the doctors told Jason that Lizzie has fractured her ankle.

Obviously Jason had to cancel our date. Sure I was bummed but family always comes first.

"How's Lizzie?" I asked him.

"Frustrated. She's been complaining the entire time. Not because of pain, but because she's going to be missing so much practice and won't be able to compete." Jason answered with an eye roll and I smiled.

"Can I come visit her?"

"Sure, she's going to be over like every Monday night."

"Awesome, but I won't be over right after practice. I have dinner with my mom." I told him.

"How's that going by the way?" He asked picking up my chemistry homework.

"So far so good, this will be dinner number two. Let's hope it's as good as the first one. Knock on wood." I answered before knocking on the table.

He smiled at me before looking back at my homework.

"You have shitty handwriting." He mumbled to himself and my jaw dropped.

"Rude, I do not." I said grabbing my homework from him. I looked at my handwriting and let out a sigh. "Okay, maybe it's not the neatest." I grumbled and he let out a laugh.

"It's shitty." He answered and I smacked his good arm.

"How's your shoulder?"

"Okay, the pain is gone. It's just sore now."

"Do you have to do physical therapy?" I asked turning my body to face him.

"Not really, a few stretches and strengthening exercises." He shrugged.

"That is physical therapy." I smiled.

"Well I don't want to call it that." He grumbled and I smiled again.

He's adorable when he complains.