Kiss at Midnight

QUICK RECAP: Since I haven't posted in two weeks.

Last chapter was a filler chapter. Casey was mad at Maddie because Maddie left her apartment completely trashed. The gang has finalized their plans for Christmas and Casey promised that she would talk about what happened the summer before she went away to boarding school in new your.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's something about  Christmas morning. I can't really put my finger on it, but Christmas morning bring such a joy to the heart.

My alarm went off at eight fifteen but I was already awake. I've been awake for a while.

I had all of my family photo album scattered all around my bed looking at old pictures.

Especially pictures with my dad in them.

I grabbed my phone to turn off the alarm and answered a text from Maddie.

M: Why couldn't our plan be later in the day?

I rolled my eyes and texted a quick reply.

C: Because it is Christmas. You're suppose to wake up early to see what Santa brought.

M: Whatever. I'm outside.

I got up from bed and tiptoed down the stairs and quietly opened the door for Maddie.

"Merry Christmas." I grinned.

"Seriously, how long have you been up?" She asked with an eye roll. But she gave me a hug nonetheless.

"Doesn't matter." I brushed off leading her toward the living room.

Together we started loading mine and my mom's Christmas presents towards her car.

"What do you think this is?" I asked with excitement as I gently placed  a big box in her car.

"Wait and find out." She smiled.

"Okay I'll see you in thirty to forty five minutes." I said and she nodded before getting in her car.

I went back inside and turn on the coffee.

I took out my phone and smiled at the text from Jason.

J: Merry Christmas beautiful.

I bit back my grin and texted him back.

C: Merry Christmas handsome.

"Why are you grinning like that?" My moms voice asked and I almost dropped my phone.

"Oh my God mom." I clutched my chest.

"Sorry." She replied before grabbing two coffee cups. She poured two cups and handed one to me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"So what's the plan? Breakfast first? Or breakfast after presents? Or breakfast while we open presents?" She asked and I smiled.

"None of the above?" I said slowly and she gave me a confused look.

This is where I pull out all of the charms that I have so I don't get in trouble.

"Our presents are at the Henderson's." I smiled and her frowned deepened.

"Remember how we use to spend every Christmas together with them?" I asked and her frown relaxed because a she's realized what I've done.

"You are not serious." She said and I smiled.