CHAPTER 62

On Saturday,

Adrianna is in the kitchen of Hector's house. She is drinking a glass of water when she receives a call. She picks it up. It is Alejandro. He has called her again with another unknown number. She removes the phone from her ear but does not hang up. Hector, goes into the kitchen and when he sees her, he goes to her. He asks her what's wrong. She tells him that Alejandro called her again with an unknown number. Hector takes the phone and tells Alejandro to leave Adrianna alone. Alejandro says that someone like him does not deserve Adrianna. Hector tells himself that he will not let Alejandro ruin the good mood on his sister's birthday and hangs up. Alejandro says that he will have Adrianna and Hector will do nothing about it. Hector hugs Adrianna.

Meanwhile, Claudia calls Antonio. He rolls his eyes before he picks it up. No one knows how to get on his nerves quite like her. Claudia reminds him that what he is doing to Isabella is heartless. Antonio asks her what exactly she means. He reminds her that he has been going for doctor's visits and will be there for his child. Claudia insists that he must do what is right by her. Antonio runs his hands through his hair. He reminds his grandmother that he does not love Isabella and that she probably drugged him. Claudia says that he should be ashamed of himself for slandering Isabella. Antonio rolls his eyes.

Later, Aurelio comes to pick up Aranza from his grandparents' house. He knows she feels hurt because she thinks that no one remembered her birthday. She is alone because even Anna Patricia, Ramon, and Clara left early. Aranza asks him where they are going. Aurelio says some of their friends are having an event at a certain hotel. Aranza folds her hands and asks him why she wasn't told. Aurelio says, that he doesn't know much about it either, but it should be fun. Aranza says they should go since everyone has been ignoring her. Aurelio hugs her.

Meanwhile, everyone else is at the location of Aranza's birthday surprise. It is at one of Aranza's favorite hotels, an upmarket restaurant. They have a large spacious garden.

Meanwhile, Marianna is at her house. She feels nauseous, but luckily it's a false alarm. She holds her growing tummy and says that she cannot wait for 'you' (referring to the child) to get out because she cannot stand nausea and weird cravings.

Elsewhere, Aranza and Aurelio have arrived at the location. She looks at him suspiciously as they approach a certain door that leads to the garden. He smiles at her and tells her to open the door. She pouts but opens. Her friends and family are all there. Aranza stands still shocked. Aurelio holds her hand and guides her there. There is a huge banner with her name, written happy 18th birthday. Aranza starts to cry but Antonio hugs her and tells her that this is a happy occasion and that they all love her, nosiness and all. Aranza pokes his arm but smiles.

Gina looks at Hector and smirks. He rolls his eyes at her. Hector knows what his sister means. He tells himself that Gina can make fun all she wants but with time Aranza will love and respect him as much as she does Antonio because he will always be there for his sister and show her how much he loves her. Adrianna watches the interaction between them curiously. Aranza is congratulated and the party officially begins.

A little while later,

Carlos and Helena are at the country club. He asks her why she looks bothered. He wonders if it is because her daughter didn't invite her to her birthday. He asks her how it feels to not be invited to a birthday party by her own child. Helena tells him to stop it. She says that it doesn't really matter. She adds that Aranza, (she calls her that brat) reminds her (Helena) of her (Aranza) father, and she didn't want to go anyway. Carlos adds that Aranza is now 18 and legally an adult, and might want to follow up on company affairs.

Helena smiles and says that Gabriel put a clause that says that his children can only have a full say in company affairs when they turn 21. She adds that the most Aranza can do is be an observer and learn. Helena adds that the only problem is likely to be Antonio because he is not only a genius but he also loves Aranza like a sister and is very ethical. Carlos says that the problem will be dealt with when they get there. Helena asks him if he would harm Antonio or his grandsons. Carlos says he would never physically harm his family but he would find another way to force Antonio's hand. Helena looks at him skeptically.