CHAPTER 67

Sunday comes and goes and, soon it is Monday.

Claudia calls Antonio. He frowns when he sees it is her but picks it up. She reminds him that he has two sons and that he should love and treat them equally. Antonio sighs. His grandmother must be the most irritating person on earth to talk to. An idea enters his head and he smiles. Antonio says that since they are discussing the matter of people treating both their children equally, he has one question. Without waiting for his grandmother to respond, he asks her why she turns it into a big deal when his (Antonio) grandfather tries to treat Armando and Aurelio, the way he'd treat his father and himself. Claudia scoffs at him and keeps quiet.

Antonio knows that was a good comeback and smiles. Claudia says that girlfriend of his has blinded him but says she will never give up on him. Claudia ends the phone call. Antonio turns to find Gina staring at him. He moves towards her and kisses her forehead. Gina says she knows it was his grandmother and that she has a feeling his grandmother found a way to blame her (Gina). Antonio tells her not to mind his grandmother too much. He adds that he is used to her and knows how to keep her at arm's length. Gina agrees then tells him that Hector will come over later to see her and the baby. Antonio asks himself whether it's just a visit, or they are discussing whatever secret it is he is sure the two of them are keeping.

Sometime later,

Carlos is in his office. There are a lot of papers on his desk for him to sign. He stops momentarily and his mind goes back to the hospital. He remembers Anna Patricia. What a stunning woman she was. He wanted her.

Elsewhere,

Adrianna walks around the house later. Gisela has just gone to sleep and she is bored out of her wits. The day help asks her if she is fine. Adrianna smiles and says she is fine, she is just bored. The help, says while she may not have any children yet, she has an idea. She suggests that Adrianna could learn something, like an extra skill. She adds that she knows someone who felt the maternity leave was wasted and ended up resenting her son because of it. She then apologises for talking too much. Adrianna smiles and says she has actually given her things to think about.

Later on in the day, Hector arrives at Gina and Antonio's house. The help brings them juice in the dining room. Hector apologizes and says that he would like to talk to his cousin in private, in Antonio's home office. Gina looks at her brother in shock, then asks the help, Perla, to get the drinks, as she goes and gets her son.

Elsewhere,

Horacio goes to visit Isabella. When they are alone, he looks at Gina and Antonio's son ( Hannibal Miguel) with complete and utter disgust. He says that the little brat is evidence of Antonio taking what was once his and should remain his. Isabella says that they should stick to the story of making everyone believe the false insemination story. She adds that they should make Adrianna and Gina believe that they got pregnant through insemination from Alejandro and him (Horacio) respectively, rather than naturally.

Back at Antonio's house,

Hector looks at Gina suspiciously. Her son meanwhile is laying quietly in his cot. Gina asks him what he is up to. He says she should be the one telling him what she is up to. Gina rolls her eyes at her brother and asks him what he wanted to interrogate her about. Hector says she has been acting strangely, for the past several days, and then she went into early labour. He adds that he is sure that whatever it is, concerns them both.

Gina sighs. She should have known Hector would notice even the slightest bit of change in her.

It came with the territory of having a twin, she had been through everything, good and bad with, as well as who she was very close to and who she loved very much, (most of the time anyway). Hector, comes and puts, an arm around his sister and says that whatever, it is, she can tell him because they will always have each other's backs. Gina sighs and removes her phone from her pocket. She tells Hector that she has to show him something.