CHAPTER 115

Later that night at Hector and Adrianna's house,

The girls are sleeping, and Adrianna is in the dining room, trying to read a book. Hector comes and sits by her side but she ignores him. He takes the book and places it aside. Adrianna stands up and starts to walk off to check on the girls, but Hector holds her hand and she turns to face him. He can see that she knows. He says that he knows that she is hurt by finding out that he and Gina are siblings because he didn't tell her and he should have. He says that he is sorry. Adrianna says that a simple sorry won't do it. She says that she can't believe that after everything that they have been through he doesn't trust her with whatever tragedy he and his sister went through.

Hector sighs. He adds that he understands that all the secrecy bothers her, then asks her to trust him. He adds that soon enough he will tell her everything. Adrianna folds her hands and looks at him. She says that she is getting tired of the secrecy and his lack of trust and communication. She says that she is starting not to trust him. It pains Hector to hear Adrianna say that she doesn't trust him. Adrianna says that she wants to be alone and goes to the girls' room. After she leaves, Hector runs one hand through his hair and sighs. He says that he and Gaby (he has always called her that in secret) have dug a deep hole for themselves that will be very hard for them to get out of.

Tuesday dawns bright and early,

In Marianna's hospital room, she thinks over her conversation with Adrianna. She says that she was this close to death, but she has been given a second chance. She admits that she has wronged so many people. She says that she has never really felt like she belonged anywhere or been part of a loving family and God gave her a daughter, and she rejected her.

She adds that Hector has done so much for her despite everything she has done. She adds that she will do all she can to atone for her mistakes and have a relationship with her daughter. Just then Isabella comes into the room. She asks Marianna how she is. Marianna says she's fine. She adds that the doctor said she would be put in a regular room, soon, if she continues to recover. Isabella says that's good news.

Meanwhile at Montes De Alba Inc.,

Martin is with Hector and Gina, at the cafeteria. They are sitting at the terraces. They are fairly empty at this time. Gina asks Martin if he is fine. He says he is. Hector says that something must have happened for him to insist on a private meeting between the three of them so early. Martin gets even more serious. Hector tells him that he is beginning to get worried. Martin says that Marianna told him that she overheard a conversation of Alejandro's when he had gone to visit her and she was faking sleeping to avoid more visitors.

Gina asks him what Marianna said. Martin says that it was on Saturday evening, and Alejandro was talking to somebody who seemed to be a private investigator about an investigation the person was carrying out on them (Hector and Gina) to find out their identities. Gina and Hector are both shocked. Hector manages to ask if there is anything else Marianna heard. Gina looks at Martin expectantly. He says that she mentioned that Alejandro was talking to the other person about DNA tests being the only thing left and that it seems that the person has done his investigation and has written a report.

Martin seems to think about something for a second then says that Marianna didn't hear a date mentioned, but it seemed the person was coming back to the city, sometime later in the week. Gina runs a hand through her hair. What can they do? Martin says that with Isabella, Alejandro and Horacio they can expect the worst. He adds that there is no telling what they will do with the information or how they will make it known.

Hector adds that to make it worse, they don't know whether they will go ahead and publicize the report or find some underhand way of getting the samples and doing the tests. Gina asks Martin if he thinks Marianna was involved in this. She adds that Marianna got injured less than a week ago, and it takes longer than that to carry out such a complicated investigation. He says she didn't seem to know much but either way, it doesn't matter, because at least she told them, and they have to deal with the effects of the bomb that is about to explode.