CHAPTER 93

Back at Armando and Luisa's house,

There is a lot of celebration after the announcement, of the news of the upcoming baby. Clara says that one of the children must give a short speech of congratulations. Gina and Martin look at Hector, who glares at them. Clara scolds them both and tells them to offer themselves and not to speak for somebody else.

Hector who is carrying his daughter, Diana (who is, in reality, Gisela Paulina because the children were switched) tells Clara not to mind them (Gina and Martin) and says that he will give a speech. Antonio tells himself that it is this homely family environment that he loves most about being part of a big crazy family. Hector then gives his congratulations speech.

Elsewhere,

Isabella and Alejandro have joined Horacio at the country club. They are meeting to discuss how to handle Emma. Alejandro says since they have already agreed that Marianna is a liability because she cares too much about Martin and they are keeping her out of their plans, they have to move on and decide what to do about Emma. Horacio says that for as long as Emma is alive she is a liability and can always talk and cause trouble. Isabella agrees and says that they should get rid of her because they have come too far to lose everything.

Back at the house,

Gina and Luisa are in the kitchen. Gina asks her why she looks so worried. Luisa sighs and admits that she is worried about the baby. Gina asks her why. Luisa says that while she (Gina) is still young enough to run around after her son and niece, she (Luisa) is way past taking care of young children. Gina hugs her and tells her that it is scary and might be hard, but they will be there for her.

Two weeks and some days later,

It is a Tuesday night and Emma is walking down the street back to her house, after coming from the shop when someone appears from another corner. She ignores them and moves on until she exits the clearing. A black car comes to a stop near her and it is opened. A man dressed in black comes out.

Emma is very scared? Could they be Horacio's people? Just then, the man from the alley puts a gun to her head and tells her to get inside the car without uttering a word. The one from the car tells her to hand over her bag. She does and he gets her phone and throws it. Emma is then pushed into the car.

On Wednesday morning, at Montes De Alba Inc.,

Martin is in the hallways and calls Gina to ask her if she has seen Emma or heard from her. Gina is at her desk. Gina says she hasn't. She adds that she also tried to call Emma but couldn't find her. Martin asks Gina to call him if she hears anything. Gina says she will. After ending the call, Martin puts his head up and frowns when he sees Marianna. She too isn't pleased to see him. He greets her but calls her a witch. When Marianna frowns he smiles.

Marianna tells him she will not stoop to his level. Martin ignores her and says that one day they will all be free from her poison. Marianna tries to hit him but he grabs her hand. She looks at him with a bit of fear in her. Martin smiles then lets her go. Marianna watches him leave and then tells herself that Isabella, Alejandro, and Horacio are crazy for thinking she would love somebody as irritating as Martin. She adds that she cannot even stand being in his presence.

Meanwhile, Hector is at work,

Gina calls Hector and asks her if he might know where Emma is. She then tells him what Martin said. Hector says he doesn't. Gina says that she has a bad feeling about this. Hector tells her to relax.

Elsewhere,

Helena tries calling Carlos but cannot find him. She says that he is probably chasing Anna Patricia, as usual. She tells herself that she has to deal with that.