CHAPTER 110

Back at Antonio and Gina's house,

Antonio is in the sitting room, on the couch and he is using his laptop. Gina comes into the room, and he ignores her. He doesn't even look up at her. Gina asks him to please listen to her. He pauses for a second and looks up at her, then goes back to his laptop. Gina folds her arms. She says that she knows that he is angry at her because she didn't tell him about Horacio threatening her but they need to talk and sort things out. Antonio puts his laptop aside and walks the short distance towards her.

He tells her that it does bother him too much that she didn't tell him about Horacio's threats. He says that what bothers him most is that she gave him up to save a stranger. Gina looks up at him and says that Horacio and his friends were evil and if they killed Emma, killing again wouldn't be a problem. Antonio says that while that was true, she should have gone to the police because John isn't her problem. Gina says to herself that if she had, done that her identity and that of her brother and father would have come to light.

She adds to herself that there is no telling what evil Helena and Carlos would have done to her father in his delicate mental state. She adds that they might have interfered with his treatment. Antonio holds one, of Gina's arms and she looks up at him. He asks her if she has been completely honest with him. Gina says she has. She adds that she simply wants to help John because she feels sorry for him. Antonio let's go of Gina. He tells her that the more time passes the less credible her story looks.

Back at the hospital,

Marianna is being rushed, to the emergency room on a stretcher. Meanwhile, Alejandro tries to call her. The phone rings and rings but it's not picked up. Alejandro says that she is probably at Martin's place. He adds that he won't lose one of his women to an Ortiz.

Shortly after, at the hospital,

Marianna is in the ICU. Two nurses go through her things, looking for a form of identification on Marianna. The paper bags just had her shopping. One of the nurses says if she carried her wallet and phone, they are most likely in her pocket. She gets out Marianna's phone but, the battery is finished. Her colleague says that they will just charge it later and then call her friends or family.

The next day on Thursday,

Hector and Adrianna have dropped the girls in their preschool. They are about to drive off when Hector receives a call. It is from Marianna. He frowns and ignores it. Adrianna says that she can tell from his reaction that it is Marianna. Hector says that it is. He adds that now that they have Dianna, they have no more reason to be in constant contact with either Marianna or Alejandro. Adrianna says that they do need to keep Marianna at arm's length, but she is still Dianna's mother and they need to be as cordial as possible.

She adds that if Marianna becomes unbearable they can always end the call. Hector is still unsure. Adrianna says that they can't give her ammunition if she decides to fight for the custody of Dianna. She adds that Alejandro is another complicated case altogether. Hector relents but says that he won't talk to Marianna. He then gives Adrianna his phone. Adrianna dials Marianna's number and asks her how they can help her. The person on the other side apologizes and says that she isn't Marianna Peralta. Adrianna asks them what they are doing with Marianna's phone.

The other person says that they found the phone and called Hector's number after choosing a random number on Marianna's speed dial. She then asks if Hector is nearby. Adrianna says he is and gives him the phone. Hector is confused but takes the phone. He asks the person why she has Marianna's phone. She says that Marianna was brought in critical condition after being hit by stray bullets in a shootout. Hector is shocked.

Elsewhere at the mental hospital,

John is in his room. He is feeling unwell. In fact, he had been unwell for days. The doctor is running some tests on him. John looks at Dr. Alves and asks him if he is going crazy again. Dr. Alves tells him that he isn't and that he will be fine soon. John tells the doctor not to lie to him and to admit that he is going crazy. The doctor says that the stress and frustration of not having closure on his two eldest children because they have been missing without a trace for years is causing him to feel unwell.