CHAPTER 91

Sometime later, at Emma's house, she hears a knock on the door and goes to open it. She is shocked and afraid when an armed man barges into her house, followed by Horacio. She stares at them full of fear.

Meanwhile, John calls Aranza. She is always happy to hear from him. She cannot explain or understand how she feels around him. He makes her feel loved and protected, like the father she would have loved to have. She feels like they have so much in common. She asks him how he is doing.

He says he is fine, but he is just worried about the treatment not working. He says he doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in the mental hospital. Aranza tells him to be calm and to relax, and that even if it doesn't work, they can always try again later. She says that it might not work on the first try but he should have faith.

Back at Emma's house,

She has been tied down and Horacio is sitting on a chair opposite her. Emma asks him what he wants. Horacio looks at her with menacing eyes. He says that knowing too much can be dangerous. Emma asks him what he is talking about. Horacio stands and walks the short distance towards her. He grabs her by the hair rather painfully and Emma winces. Horacio tells her that he isn't stupid and that she shouldn't waste his time. Horacio then adds that they both know what he is talking about. Emma is terrified and starts crying. She again asks Horacio what he wants.

Elsewhere, Clara and Luisa are at Armando and Luisa's home,

Clara gives Luisa a stern look and tells her to take good care of her grandchild. She then says that she is not going back to her home yet because she will be bored alone. She adds that she would rather spend more time with her. Luisa smiles. What a mother-in-law she has.

Back at Montes De Alba inc,

Carlos is in his office when he has a flashback, of Gabriel working at the office many years ago. He says that he will have the company. He says that he got rid of him and his two eldest children and he will do the same with Aranza and if necessary Helena.

Back at Emma's house,

Horacio tells her that unless she wants to die she should mind her own business. Horacio says that they can find her anywhere and getting rid of her will be easy. Emma says that she will keep quiet. Horacio tells her that he would rather have her dead but she is lucky that for some reason Marianna has a soft spot for Martin and wouldn't do anything to hurt him. Emma glares at Horacio. He then strokes her face and she recoils in disgust.

Later on in the night, at Armando and Luisa's house,

As they are having dinner. Armando asks her what the doctor said about his mother's health. Luisa says that his mother is healthy and fine. Armando looks at her again. He asks her if she is fine. She says she is. He says she looks different, a little pale. He asks her if his mother took her along in her meddling. Luisa says that she didn't.

She then takes a deep breath and says that she fainted and his mother dragged her to be checked. Armando smiles. He says that sounds like something his mother would do because she has always been particular about health. He then asks her what the doctor told her. Luisa fiddles and tells Armando to put his glass of water down then says that she is pregnant. Armando looks at her shocked.

The next day on Thursday,

At the hospital, John begins his treatment. They first show him footage and pictures of car accidents and car wreckages and watch for his reaction to each image. One particular image of a car rolling down and nearly reaching a river before bursting into flames catches his eye. The doctor notes that down.

They then show him pictures of different beverages, followed by pictures of his favorite brand ( they had learnt that when he told them himself). He looks at the pictures calmly. They then show him pictures of two random six-year-olds, one a boy, the other a girl, playing. He looks at those pictures even more keenly than he did with the other pictures.