CHAPTER 99

Back With Isabella and company,

Alejandro tells everyone else that their people have told him that no one has left the house yet. Marianna says that if something is happening, she wouldn't be surprised if Aurelio and Aranza have something to do with it. Isabella asks her why she says so. Marianna says that Aranza loves Hector and Gina, while Aurelio loves Adrianna and Antonio, and would love to see all of them back together again. She adds that Aurelio is Antonio's cousin anyway.

Horacio agrees and says that between the two of them, they could come up with ways of getting them back together. Alejandro says that they shouldn't do anything for the moment but monitor because there isn't much those pesky children can do. He adds that despite the meeting, nothing will happen, and they won't allow Adrianna to get back with Hector or Gina with Antonio. They then toast to that.

Back at Antonio's friends' place,

Hector and Adrianna are in a bedroom. She has just regained consciousness. He asks her how she feels. Adrianna says that she is fine. She adds that she just wants water. Hector pours her water from a jug that was on a nearby table, into a glass. Adrianna sips some water. He watches her with concern. Adrianna sees him and assures him that she is fine.

She adds that they have to get back to everyone and deal with what they have just learnt. Hector says that the rest can deal with everything, and inform them of whatever they agree on. He adds that she needs to rest. Adrianna looks at him like he is crazy and stands up. She says that her daughter was exchanged, and she has to be involved in dealing with it. She then tries to leave but Hector holds her and pulls her back to him. They stare at each other.

Hector tells her that this concerns him too because Gisela Paulina is his daughter as well, but her wellbeing is important too. Adrianna says that the shock was quite strong, but they cannot avoid dealing with this. She adds that he can't shield her from reality because things aren't about to get any easier. Hector reluctantly relents. Despite everything going on, he is unable to prevent himself from kissing her and does so. How much he has missed her. Adrianna kisses him back.

Back at the hospital,

Anna Patricia is standing and she stares in the opposite direction. She doesn't know what to do. Of course, she loves him but can she handle disappointment another time? Or is love just not for her? John stands and taps her shoulder. She turns to face him. He says that she still hasn't given him an answer. She says that she needs time to think. He asks her if she is uncomfortable with who he is, and his condition, and would be embarrassed by him. She increases the distance between them and says that she just genuinely needs to think.

She adds that she hasn't been too lucky with relationships, and has given up. He asks why she would give up. She says that Martin's father died when he was an infant, and all other relationships have failed since then, mostly because she couldn't have other children. He says that at his age, he would be happy to spend the rest of his life by her side, enjoying spending time with Hector and Gina's children, as well as both Martin and Aurelio's future children. John adds that they will then send them back to their parents after. Anna Patricia smiles.

Back at Antonio's,

Adrianna comes out and apologizes for her reaction. Aurelio says that no one has taken any offence and that they are just happy she is fine. Adrianna admits that the reason she fainted wasn't entirely because of what they learnt but because of something it made her realize. Hector looks at her worriedly and asks her what she is talking about. Adrianna says that when Marianna's daughter fell seriously sick, Isabella came to see her and threatened, that she wouldn't do anything to save the child if she ( Adrianna) didn't break up with Hector.