CHAPTER 65

Gina tells herself that she can't tell Antonio about the tattoo. She adds that the only person she can tell is her brother, and she can't do anything about that now because of the pregnancy. Out loud Gina says it went well, and John was okay with her being away for some time. She adds that he is doing well, but he still hasn't remembered who he is or what happened before the accident that nearly killed him. She adds that he only remembers the two children from his past, the little boy with his mother and that same little boy with an older man, playing outside.

Gina further explains that the doctor believes that the young boy in the second flashback, is John as a child with his mother, and in the third flashback it is him with his grandfather. Antonio says that she had earlier told him that while John was still mentally unstable he would mention the two children, a boy, and a girl. He says that they were probably his children and there was either a small age difference or they were twins. At the mention of the word twins, Gina's face goes white. She then says she is tired. Antonio puts an arm around her and says that they should go to the dining room. Gina agrees.

The next week, on Monday, Claudia meets up with her husband's lawyer, eager to know if he changed his will. The lawyer says that it is a private matter and that he is bound by a clause of confidentiality. He adds that she should ask her husband. Claudia tries to bribe him by pulling out a blank cheque and telling him to write whatever figure he wants. The lawyer however refuses.

Three days later on Thursday,

Gina has been stressed because of the whole tattoo issue. It has been eating her up. Isabella experiences labour pains, later on in the day and is taken to hospital. Antonio goes to spend the night at the hospital and Emma and Martin go to keep Gina company.

On Friday, the stress over John's tattoo causes Gina to experience pains as well and Martin and Emma take her to the hospital. Hector and Aranza remain with Adrianna, as everyone else goes to check on Gina. Claudia, Juan Patricio, Carlos, and Helena are of course there as well. Claudia glares at Clara, Armando, and Aurelio. If looks could kill, she would have. Carlos meanwhile looks at everyone, and his eyes settle on Anna Patricia. The air is so thick with tension, a knife couldn't cut it. Clara meanwhile is the picture of dignity and carries herself with decorum and class.

Helena glares at Anna Patricia. Anna Patricia sighs inwardly, and (to herself) says that she (Helena) can have Carlos, because she (Anna Patricia) doesn't date garbage, and she would never love anyone who would try to kill a child. John's handsome smiling face comes to her mind. She tries to push it out of her mind. Carlos says (to himself) that while he doesn't like Clara, Armando, or Aurelio, he wouldn't mind Clara's pretty daughter. Antonio meanwhile is stressed and just relieved that no blows have flown and no words have been thrown.

Meanwhile, back at Hector's house. Adrianna takes a deep breath. Aranza asks her if she is fine. Adrianna says she is okay. Aranza folds her hands and stares at her. Adrianna smiles, at her cousin's attempt to act tough with her. She ends up looking so cute instead. Adrianna tells Aranza and Hector who has since rejoined them to stop fussing, over her. Both look at her like she is crazy and Adrianna cannot help but smile. Adrianna says she is just worried about Isabella and Gina.

Hector asks her why she would be worried about Isabella after everything she has done to Antonio and Gina. Aranza says that she too wants to know. Adrianna says that she agrees that Isabella, isn't a good person, but that doesn't mean that she wants anything bad to happen to the baby, because the child is innocent, and she can't wish any harm on anyone's pregnancy no matter how much she doesn't like them. Aranza and Hector both agree with her.

Back at the hospital,

The doctor comes out and is faced with many anxious pairs of eyes. Everyone wants to know, about the children, Isabella and Gina but no one wants to ask. Finally, Antonio looking very tired asks.