CHAPTER 64

Later that night, at Antonio's house, he notices that Gina is quiet and asks her about it. She tells him what the doctor told her about no longer being able to visit John past Friday. Antonio adds that the doctor had a point and that right then, her and the baby's safety was very important. Gina says she knows but she doesn't like it. He hugs her. Gina suggests that she should go alone because she will not be able to visit him for a while. Antonio looks at her like she is crazy.

He says she should go with at least one person, for her and the baby's safety. Gina says it is only one day and it is perfectly safe. Antonio says that he will take her and then when she is almost done, she will tell him and he will call a taxi for her. Gina starts to argue but Antonio stands his ground and says that it isn't up for discussion. Gina glares at him. Antonio says that she might not agree with him, but he is simply taking care of her and their son because she is being unreasonable and stubborn. Gina reluctantly agrees.

Meanwhile, at Hector's house:

They are both dressed for bed. Adrianna is in the kitchen. She finishes drinking the glass of water she was drinking. Hector, comes and puts his arms around her and kisses her. She kisses him back, then pulls away, and then says it's not a good, idea to get intimate until the baby is born, at this late stage of the pregnancy. Hector says he knows but studies have also shown, that there are benefits to both mother and child, and they will be careful.

Adrianna shrugs and says that she looks and feels like a whale. Hector says he still finds her attractive, and she is like a sexy fish. Adrianna smiles, pokes his arm, and says that whales are mammals, not fish. Hector says at least she is smiling and happy. He strokes her face and leans in and kisses her. She kisses him back.

Three days later, it's Friday.

Claudia calls up Juan Patricio's lawyer, to arrange a meeting the next Monday. She has to know if her husband has included, his 'bastards' in his will.

Elsewhere, John still hasn't recovered his past memory. He, however, can remember what he has learnt over the past few months and the people he has met. He still lives in the room he was assigned a few months ago. He has been promoted to senior clerical duties around, the mental hospital, and was allowed to wear civilian clothes as from earlier that week.

Meanwhile, as Hector goes up into the lift at work, he sees Alejandro get in as well. It is going to be one uncomfortable ride. Alejandro, as usual, gives him dagger eyes. Hector, keeps quiet, the last thing he wants is a conversation or confrontation with Alejandro. Alejandro, as usual, is spoiling for war. He says that he (Hector) is warned because he (Alejandro) will end up with Adrianna. Hector ignores him.

Later in the evening, Gina goes to visit John alone. She had insisted on doing it because it was going to be her last day visiting him until she gave birth. He is in his room reading newspapers. He is, of course, happy to see her again. He asks her if she is okay and she insists she is. He insists she sits on the bed and he will sit on the chair. Gina refuses and says that it would be rude because she was a guest in his house. John says that she may be a visitor but she is pregnant, and she should be comfortable. Gina sits and he puts water in a glass and gives her. She smiles and takes it. He tells her that, he has been told that he will have supervised trips outside, once a week, starting in a month.

Gina says that it is good news. He says it still bothers him that he cannot remember anything about his past life and that all he has to work with are the flashbacks of a little boy with his mother and a father with his two children. Gina holds his hand. She asks him if he knows who any of those people are. John says he doesn't really know who they are. He then asks her if she would let him see her son, during some of those visits. He adds that he doesn't know if he had children, who would now be giving him grandchildren. Gina says, of course, she would, and he can consider her son his grandson. John smiles happily and asks him about Hector.