CHAPTER 84

At the Montes De Alba mansion sometime later,

Adrianna goes to the kitchen and runs into Alejandro. She ignores him and fills a cup with water. He says he has a question to ask her. She folds her hands and tells him to get it over with. He kneels, puts out a ring, and asks her to marry him. She is shocked. She didn't see that coming. She takes a deep breath and says she will. He goes to hug her, but she blocks him.

She reminds him that she is doing that because of his threats and blackmail. She adds that meant that in private, they can drop the pretenses of a happy marriage. She adds that her focus would be her daughter and nothing else. Alejandro insists that he loves her and that they will be happy with their daughter. Adrianna tells him to leave because, the rest of her life is coming up, and she doesn't want to spend an extra unnecessary second with him.

The next day, on Thursday,

Gina is in the house alone, because Hector has gone to work when she hears a knock on the door. She goes to open the door and frowns when she sees Horacio. He enters and greets her. She ignores him. She goes straight to business. She asks him what he wants. He says they need to talk. Gina says that any conversation will be formal, during the day, and with a lawyer present. He adds that what they have to talk about is private.

Gina asks him what he means. Horacio goes down on one knee and takes out a ring. Gina stares at him shocked. He asks her to marry him. Gina remembers his threats and knows that she has been cornered. She reluctantly agrees. He tried to embrace her, but she blocks him. She says that they both know that the marriage will be a farce, so in private, they can stop acting.

Meanwhile at the Montes De Alba mansion,

Adrianna is in the garden, with her daughter, when Helena comes in. She says that she has heard the good news and has come to congratulate her. Adrianna glares at her aunt. Helena says that she will be so happy with Alejandro. Adrianna tells her aunt to leave her alone. She says that she has finally gotten her wish to see her (Adrianna) break up with Hector for good. Helena insists that she will be happy with Alejandro because he is from the same social class as her and can take care of her. Adrianna reminds Helena of what Alejandro, did to her, and of the threats.

Helena tells her that Alejandro loves her and that those are minor issues that she can ignore. She continues and tells Adrianna that she had become stubborn ever since meeting Hector and Gina, and so she had to be brought back into line. Adrianna tells her aunt that she is not happy, and so she wants everyone around her to be miserable. She then says that she has had enough of her and leaves Helena alone. Helena tells herself that, Adrianna will get over it.

Elsewhere,

Marianna is at Isabella's house, with the baby. She says she cannot believe that it is actually happening, that finally Adrianna and Gina are out of the picture. Isabella tells her that they have come far, but they still have to get Antonio and Hector to marry them. She adds that first they wait for the news of weddings to get out, and then they use that to their advantage.

Meanwhile,

Adrianna calls Aranza. She is with Aurelio and they are going for tea break. Aranza tells him that it's Adrianna, and she has to answer it. He says that it's okay. Aranza greets her cousin and notices the difference in her voice. She can tell that Adrianna isn't well. Aranza asks Adrianna how she is. Adrianna says she is well. Aranza says she knows her too well and can sense that she is lying.

Adrianna says that she'd like her (Aranza) to come over for a day or two. Aranza says that she will come and that she wants details. Adrianna says that no one can get information out of people faster than her. Aranza says it's a talent, and then says they will talk later. After Aranza ends the call, Aurelio asks her what Adrianna called about. Aranza says that Adrianna wanted her to come over for a few days.