CHAPTER 83

Sometime later, at Clara and Ramon's house,

Clara, Ramon, Luisa, Armando, Anna Patricia, Martin, Emma and Gina (who is with her son) are there. Clara says that they shouldn't keep them in suspense any longer. She adds that the kids (Aurelio and Aranza) are out with their friends, so they can talk about whatever it is, before deciding if they need to know, and if so, how they are to be told.

Gina smiles and Clara gives her a what are you up to stare. Gina says she told Emma, who she and Hector are. Armando asks Gina, if she told her brother, because who to tell the truth and when to reveal it is a joint decision. Gina says that she did. Luisa tells Emma, that she has to be careful, about where she speaks about this because it could be dangerous, especially, now that the twin's father is still alive since he is still sick.

Emma says she will. Gina makes a face and Emma is confused. She asks Gina what's wrong. Martin says he will explain. He says that Gina (he calls her my little cousin) has always been uncomfortable about her and her brother being referred to as the twins because she is melodramatic and has concerns about it killing her individuality because she feels it puts her and her brother into a set.

Gina gives Martin a dark look but says nothing. He smiles. Ramon tells them both not to argue then tells Emma, that she should also not call either of them by their real names even in secret, because it could lead to a slip up in public. Emma says that she will keep their secret.

Sometime later, at Hector and Gina's house,

Hector is alone. He hadn't felt like going with Gina to tell everyone that Emma knows the truth. The conversation with Adrianna plays on in his mind. How could everything be going so bad? He hears a knock on the door and walks over to open it. To his utter irritation, it is Marianna. Without waiting to be allowed to enter, she enters. Hector takes a deep breath and closes the door. He then asks her what she wants. Marianna looks at him and says that they need to talk about their daughter.

She then says that they can form a family, with their daughter.

Hector looks at her like she is crazy. He then says that she has lost her mind. Marianna folds her hands and stares at him. She mockingly asks him, if he is waiting for Adrianna, to come back to him. Hector says that she is in no position to even mention Adrianna's name. Marianna ignores him and says that Adrianna will move on with Alejandro whether he likes it is not. Hector glares at her.

Back at Clara and Ramon's house,

Gina and Emma are in Anna Patricia's room. She has just finished changing her son's diapers. She looks at Emma and can sense her friend's urge to ask her questions. Gina asks Emma if there is anything she wants to ask. Emma says that she just has some questions about, her and her brother, and they can't talk about it openly. Gina tells Emma that, she can ask them now. Emma smiles and asks her how it feels to have a twin who's a boy. She says that growing up, she knew a couple of twins, but they were either all girls or all boys.

Gina says that she actually enjoys it, and wouldn't exchange her brother for a female twin. She says that she wouldn't enjoy the idea of someone who looks identical to her, because she wants her own identity, separate from her twin. She adds that boy or girl, being a twin can be stifling, especially when you are treated as one person, and your individuality isn't appreciated. She adds that it can get irritating when you are treated like a set, like a pair of shoes, that are supposed to be together, or when people expect you to act similar and have similar interests because you are twins.

She continues and says that she enjoys having a twin brother, and Hector tells her stuff from a male point of view, which she appreciates. She then adds that she reciprocates. She also says that all they have been through together has made them closer. Gina continues and says that they argue, like most siblings, in fact, quite a lot, but they still love each other.