CHAPTER 96

Back at Hector's house,

Marianna, who had stayed behind to take care of their daughter, looks at the child sleeping peacefully in her bed. She then remembers Isabella, saying that she had a soft spot for Martin and had feelings for him. Marianna, tells herself that they are all crazy because Martin is the last person, she would be interested in and she would not even look at him twice.
She then remembers the time, over two years ago, when she kissed him in the park. They had run into each other and as always they argued, and he started to mock her, calling her a witch. She did it on the spur of the moment, and to warn him that she was trouble. She then says that she needs to stop thinking of him that way, and sips water, which was in a glass, near her.
Sometime later, back at the hospital,
As Luisa is in the labor word, giving birth, Juan Patricio, arrives. Everyone, including Antonio, is shocked that he is there. Antonio hopes that his grandfather won't cause a scandal. Shortly after, the doctor comes out.
Everyone looks at him expectantly, eager for news on Luisa and the baby. Armando asks him how Luisa and the baby are. The doctor says that both mother and child are okay. He adds that Luisa gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Everyone present is happy over the news.
Back in Luisa's room, she holds her daughter, in her hands and is filled with love for her adorable little miracle.
Shortly after, Horacio says that he wants to talk to Gina alone. Antonio watches her say okay and get up and follow Horacio. It bothered him to no end to know that Gina was with that fool. Try as he may, he had never been able to forget Gina. She would always be the only woman he loved.
Meanwhile, Armando has gone to see Luisa. A nurse knocks and comes in. She says that they need the baby's name for official purposes. Armando looks at Luisa then at the nurse and tells the nurse to go with whatever name his wife has chosen. Luisa says that the baby's name will be Rosa Milagros Ortiz. She then asks Armando if he likes the name. He says that it is fine, but he wants the child's last name to be Diaz. Luisa is surprised but agrees with his decision.
Meanwhile, Gina asks Horacio what he wants. He says that they should go because they have stayed for as long as courtesy demands they stay after a baby is born. Gina tells him that she did not come because of courtesy but she came because it was a family event and she wanted to come. She adds that she is here to support Armando and Luisa and nothing more. Horacio looks at her like she is crazy. He says that she is only here for Antonio. Gina tells him to stop being paranoid. She says that Antonio is Armando's nephew, and has a right to be there, probably more than either of them. Uneager to continue arguing with him, she tries to walk away, but he holds her. He then reminds her that he is her husband and that they will be together forever. Gina tries to wiggle away but he holds her even more tightly.

Back at Luisa's hospital room,
Luisa asks Armando why he wants to give their daughter Diaz, as a surname instead of Ortiz. Armando assures her that he isn't doing it because of his father or brother. He says that for him he is far too old to go through the process of changing his name and Aurelio will decide for himself but as for their daughter, he thinks she should take up their real surname as should their future grandchildren. Luisa asks him what he will tell Ramon, given that he was the one who raised him. Armando says that he will talk to him and explain things.
Back with Horacio and Gina,
Horacio is still mishandling Gina when Hector walks in on them. Gina being the feisty woman that she is, is trying to free herself. When he sees Horacio mishandling his sister, Hector gets annoyed and goes to rescue her. He pushes Horacio away with a lot of force and gets his sister. Horacio winces in pain and asks Hector what he thinks he is doing. Hector says he is protecting his cousin and won't allow him (Horacio) to lay a finger on her.
Horacio tells Hector to mind his own business and to let him deal with his wife. Hector reminds Horacio that his (Horacio's) wife is his (Hector's) cousin and he will defend her. Horacio tells him to focus on his own marriage, and control his own wife. Hector says that Gina is his business because she is his family. He tells Horacio that he will have to respect women, especially if they are related to him (Hector) whether he likes it or not. Hector then tells Gina, to step aside.
Back in the waiting room,
Adrianna is sitting down near Martin. Nearly everyone has stepped out a little bit for one reason or the other. Martin is happy for his aunt and uncle, but the birth reminds him of all he could have had with Emma. At that moment, he would also be preparing for the birth of his child. Adrianna asks him if he is fine. He says that he is. He adds that he was just thinking about what he could have had with Emma and the child they would be expecting.
Adrianna puts a hand on his shoulder. She tells him that they are all there for him and that he can count on her for whatever he needs. It is at that moment that Alejandro, who had gone to answer a phone call comes back. He sees them and makes a big deal out of it. He asks Adrianna what she is doing. She tells him that she is just comforting a friend.
Back at Luisa's hospital room

Armando says that he feels that their daughter, as well as their future grandchildren, should be named Diaz, as that is his biological surname, and despite Carlos and Juan Patricio dishonoring the name, it is still his surname as well. Luisa tells him that if he is sure about it, she supports his decision.
Back with Horacio, Gina, and Hector,
Gina tells Hector to calm down. She knows that her brother though he is the calmer twin, occasionally has a temper. Gina wouldn't want to cause a scene on such a day when Armando and Luisa are celebrating the birth of their child. Hector and Gina are turning to leave when Horacio grabs her. He says that they are not done yet. Hector roughs up Horacio and pushes him down. He then leaves with Gina. Horacio is embarrassed and vows to himself to make Hector pay.
Back with Alejandro, Martin, and Adrianna,
Adrianna tells Alejandro to stop being paranoid and insinuating things that aren't there. Alejandro tells her that they are leaving. Adrianna says that they haven't been there long enough and she hasn't even seen the baby or heard the baby's name. Alejandro says that either Gina or Aranza will tell her. He then moves to grab her but Martin stops him. Martin tells Alejandro to respect Adrianna. Alejandro tells him to mind his business and leave his (Alejandro's) wife alone. Martin says that regardless of anything else, he (Alejandro) has to respect Adrianna.
Meanwhile, Ramon and Clara, are with Luisa and Armando in Luisa's room. Luisa says that the name Rosa Milagros is perfect and suits the baby so well. Armando says that they also have something else to tell them. Ramon asks him what it is.
Meanwhile, Hector and Gina are in a corner,
He has folded his arms and looks at Gina sternly. Gina looks at her brother and asks him what is bothering him. He says that what happened with Horacio earlier made him wonder if Horacio had ever been violent to her. Gina replies and says that he has never been violent. Hector looks at his sister skeptically. Gina reassures him that he has never been physically violent.
She adds that he is paranoid and crazy but otherwise not much else. Hector tells Gina that if Horacio ever attempts to hit her, she should tell him because she is his little sister and he is there to take care of her. Gina smiles then glares at Hector and tells him to stop lording it over her that he is older because it is only five minutes that separates them.
Meanwhile back in Luisa's room,
Armando has just explained his decision to give his daughter Diaz as her surname. Ramon assures him that he understands his reasoning and has no problem with it.                    Sometime later,

Alejandro and Horacio want to join everyone else at the cafeteria, obviously to keep an eye on Adrianna and Gina but Ramon puts his foot down and refuses. He says that their presence has been tolerated enough for one day and that they should give everyone a break from their bad energy. Alejandro and Horacio want to argue, but know that they cannot get out of that one with Hector, Antonio, Martin, and Aurelio there and without making things harder for themselves. They then decide to let that battle go.
Everyone has by now seen the baby and heard the child's name. Aurelio tells Adrianna that Aranza named his sister too. Adrianna looks at her little cousin and Aranza smiles. Gina looks at her younger sister. The child has a gift when it comes to naming children. Antonio says he can only imagine how good she will be with her own children. Hector says that it all proves what they know, that Aranza is nosy. Antonio agrees. Aranza frowns at both of them and Clara scolds them for making fun of Aranza.