CHAPTER 68

Elsewhere Helena tries to call Carlos yet again, but he doesn't pick up. What could it be? She says to herself that it isn't an emergency with one of the children or his parents because Antonio and Hector are both at work. She continues (still to herself) and says that if Anna Patricia thinks she can steal Carlos, she has another thing coming.

Meanwhile, Hector has just shown Martin the pictures of the tattoo. Martin asks him if this is the same tattoo, of Becky (Rebecca), his mother. Hector says it probably is and explains what happened when Gina last visited John. Martin is shocked as well. He tells Hector they will need to carry out a DNA test at some point. Hector agrees.

Meanwhile, Carlos has arrived at Anna Patricia's workplace. She is busy, with customers, but stops and stares at him, when she sees him. He smiles at her but she ignores him.

Elsewhere, John calls Gina. He is, of course, happy to hear from her. He asks, her how she and the baby are doing. She says that they are fine, and that she cannot wait to start visiting him again and that she cannot wait for him to meet her son. Gina's voice is a bit emotional. She is still thinking about his tattoo. How will she continue visiting him and act like nothing is up?

John notices that her voice is shaky and asks her about it. Gina insists she is fine. He, however, doesn't believe her and says so. Gina still says she is. John calls her by all her names, Gina Ortiz and says, that he will be watching her. Despite the situation, Gina smiles. She tells him that, her father would also call her by her full names when scolding her.

Later at the end of the day, Anna Patricia gets ready to go and visit John. She is walking towards a bus stop, when she sees a car, drive and stop by her side. She is partly surprised to see Carlos there. He says that he would like to see her in private. She looks at him like he is out of his mind. She says that she has somewhere to be.

He comments and says that it is to visit, that madhouse and visit that crazy man Hector and Gina are obsessed with. She narrows her eyes at him and says that he is just plain rude and he is wasting her time. She does not even give him one last glance and continues walking on. A bus comes and she gets in. Carlos looks at the departing bus. He says that no woman has ever rejected him and that she won't be the first.

Back inside, the bus, Anna Patricia moves the encounter with Carlos out of her mind, and the first image that comes to her mind is that, of John's ever-smiling handsome face. She says to herself, that she cannot start to think, like that, because he is still recovering from years of being sick and no one knows what kind of situation awaits him when he returns to his home.

Later that night, at Aurelio's house. Aranza is sitting on a chair, she is going through old newspaper articles of the day her father died. She knows that she shouldn't do this because it leaves her feeling worse, but she cannot help doing it, every so often. Aurelio comes and finds her going through the pictures. She looks up at him and says that she knows that, she should not be doing it, but she cannot help but, go through the pictures every so often.

Aurelio takes her phone and, places it aside. He hugs her. She says that she doesn't doubt that Adrianna and Antonio love her, but she feels that her life would have been happier if her father and older siblings were still alive. Aurelio says that he understands, her but reminds her that they are all watching out for her from heaven. She starts to cry and he hugs her again.

Later at Hector's house, he is in his daughter's, room. He picks, her up, and says that he will do his best to provide for her and her sister, and kisses her on her forehead. Adrianna comes in and looks around the room. She still cannot, believe the wonders Hector and Aranza did to the room. Hector goes to hand her Gisela Paulina but she insists he carries her so that she can take pictures with her phone because they look so cute. Hector rolls his eyes but carries his daughter.