CHAPTER 102

Sometime later, at the hospital,

Aurelio is visiting Hector when he wakes up. Hector looks around and the reality begins to sink in, as he begins to remember the attack. He winces in pain and asks Aurelio where everyone is. Aurelio says that they have been coming. Hector asks Aurelio about the DNA test results, that they were to do. Aurelio hesitates and tries to change the topic, but Hector is insistent on knowing the truth. Aurelio tells Hector that the most important thing is his recovery and that they will talk about the results later.

Hector says that it kills him not to know anything, and the sooner they begin to plan things the better. He adds that they need to get justice for Emma and the girls. Aurelio sighs and inwardly says that Aranza, Gina, and Hector are all so stubborn and so much alike. He tells Hector that the results are positive and that Martin is keeping them safe, as they wait for him to become stable before they take action. Hector smiles through his pain. He says that finally, they can begin taking Marianna and her friends out of their lives soon.

Meanwhile, at Montes De Alba Inc.,

Antonio is sitting in the cafeteria, lost in his thoughts when Adrianna sees him and asks him if she can join him. He jokingly says that he doesn't have a choice. Adrianna playfully swats him then sits. Almost immediately Antonio notices her stress. He asks her what's bothering her. Adrianna sighs and says that it's what happened to Hector. Antonio holds her hand and says that Hector is strong, and he will pull through. Adrianna says that she knows that but she was thinking about the accident itself.

Antonio asks her what exactly about the accident she was thinking about. Adrianna says that she doesn't think that what happened to him was an accident, and he doesn't have any enemies. She then adds that the only person she thinks would want to harm Hector is Alejandro. Antonio gets alarmed and asks her if he has tried hurting her. Adrianna assures him that Alejandro hasn't hurt her. Antonio says that either way, he still thinks that she and Gina should leave Alejandro and Horacio.

Meanwhile, back at the hospital,

Hector looks at Aurelio and asks him what he and Aranza are up to. Aurelio says that no one is up to anything. Hector says that he is sure that things have been happening, while he has been unconscious, and he has missed some things. Aurelio tells him to relax, and stop being paranoid. Hector says that if only he wasn't bedridden, he would make him (Aurelio) tell him immediately. Aurelio says that he is going to get tea.

Hector is now sure, there is something Aurelio hasn't told him. He tells Aurelio that the tea can wait but he wants to know what it is that he (Aurelio) isn't telling him. Aurelio tells Hector to stop being difficult because he just wants to help him recover and that being bombarded with information isn't good for him. Hector tells Aurelio that he can handle it, and right now, he like everyone else needs to be sharp because of the drama that is about to begin.

Aurelio sighs. He tells Hector that on the day they found him, everyone was there, except for Marianna who came later, and the doctor said that he mentioned that he wanted to see his sister. Hector is shocked and says that he cannot remember saying that. Aurelio says that the doctor says that he was probably delirious from the pain and the medicine. Hector says to himself that he hopes Adrianna and Antonio, believe that and don't start digging. Aurelio wonders, what secret it is Hector and Gina are keeping.

Meanwhile,

Marianna is walking towards the basement parking, when she sees Martin, getting something from Antonio's car. She stops and stares at him. What is it about him? She tells herself that Martin is a rude, bossy pain. Martin locks the door and turns and sees her. Marianna expects him to smirk or make a witty comment, but he gives her one of his darkest icy glares. Marianna doesn't understand why Martin is still that cold towards her.