CHAPTER 79

Meanwhile, Gina and Horacio are in his car. He says that he has tried to make her see sense, but she won't, so he is there to get his son. Gina can't believe what she is hearing. She was so happy with Antonio, and their child, her father was alive, and then this. Out loud, she says that her having his child has no effect on her life. She says because she has no other choice, she will reach some kind of deal with him, and have the child have contact with him. Gina adds that she wants nothing to do with him, and everything will be done formally in front of lawyers.

Horacio says that she clearly doesn't understand how things will work. He says that he doesn't want his son growing up around Antonio. He adds that Gina must choose between her son and Antonio. He reminds her that if she chooses Antonio, he will take away her son and ensure that she never sees him. Gina looks at him disgusted and asks him what he wants. Horacio says that he wants them to be a couple and raise their son together. Gina tells herself that she won't cry in front of him.

Meanwhile, back at Hector's house,

Helena reminds Adrianna that if Alejandro wants to take away their daughter, she (Adrianna) is on her own. Adrianna says that she didn't expect much help from her, so she isn't shocked. Helena tells Adrianna that she should, wake up from her bubble, and come back to the real world. She adds that Hector is a nobody who isn't on the same level as her. Adrianna says that whether she stays with Hector or not, she will not go back to Alejandro.

She adds that she can take care of the child alone. Helena says that she should leave Hector to build a life with Marianna and his daughter. Adrianna rolls her eyes at her aunt. She adds that what she decides, is her business, and then tells Helena to keep off. Helena tells Adrianna that when her (Adrianna's) father died, she was left in her care. Helena says that all she wants is to see her happy. Adrianna tells Helena that if her idea of happiness, is being with a psychopath like Alejandro she would rather be miserable. Helena tells Adrianna to stop being dramatic.

Back in Horacio's car,

He reminds Gina that Antonio's grandparents don't like her, and will likely help him take away her son. Gina doesn't respond and just quietly looks infront. Horacio tells her that they know which hospital, the mad man is in. On hearing this, Gina asks Horacio what he is talking about. He says that it would be easy for them to get access to her mad friend, and make sure he stays that way.

Gina glares at Horacio and asks him what an innocent man has to do with their problems. Horacio says that she has to toe the line unless she wants other people to suffer. He then adds that one of the things she will stop doing when they are married is visiting that sick old man. Gina tells herself that he can use his influence and power to arm-twist her but he will never separate her from her brother, father, or son.

Sometime later,

Martin and Hector, are at a secluded part of the office garden. Hector tells him what happened with Adrianna. Martin asks her if she thinks Alejandro threatened her over the child. Hector says that he doesn't know what to believe or think. He adds that their lives just keep on getting more complicated and worse.

Later that night, at Antonio's house,

Once her son sleeps, Gina goes to the kitchen to get a glass of juice. She then remembers Horacio's words, from earlier in the day. She remembers his threats to take away her son and harm her father. Antonio comes from his study to find her in the kitchen lost deep in her thoughts. He asks her if she is okay. Gina is tired because of everything that has been happening. She tells Antonio that they need to talk.

Back at Hector's house,

Hector is trying to convince Adrianna that they need to stay together, but she is adamant that they should take a break. He asks her if Alejandro threatened her. Adrianna doesn't answer him and tries to walk away from him. He holds up, her face and kisses her. Adrianna finds herself, responding and kissing him back. She just can't help it, she loved him too much. Hector wants to take it further, and Adrianna senses that, so she reluctantly pulls away from him. She says that she has already made up her mind, and her decision is final.