CHAPTER 97

A week later,

It is on a Thursday and, sometime after Anna Patricia, Hector and Gina have visited John, and he is in his room. He has a vision of the young mother with her son, but this time they are in a park. She calls the child Gabriel and scolds him for throwing a tantrum in the park. John asks himself why she looks so much like Gina and why her father, the child's grandfather looks so much like Hector. He asks himself how he is connected to the child or the woman that looks like Gina. He says that he has to ask Hector and Gina questions because they have a lot to explain.

Sometime later, at Aurelio's house, Aranza is in the bedroom, she is standing on the bed, and the cupboards are all open. She looks at the boxes, and papers with her hands on her hips. She tells herself that, the place needed an overhaul and needed to be arranged. Just then, Aurelio comes in and looks at her suspiciously. He asks her what she is up to. She pouts and says that she is a good girl who isn't up to anything.

She adds that she just felt that they needed to arrange the upper cupboards because they just pile up more stuff and they haven't checked, up there or arranged, it in months. Aurelio makes a face and Aranza knows that he isn't too keen on the idea. She smiles and says that she will do it and he doesn't have to worry about it. He says that if she wants to do it, he has no problem.

Meanwhile, Gina is in the sitting room playing with her son. She looks at him and says (to herself) that all she does is for him. She says that she and her brother will get back the company their great grandfather worked hard for and that he (Hannibal) and his cousin (Gisela Paulina) will have it back and they will run it in the future.

Just then Horacio comes in. She completely ignores him even when he tries to make small talk. She tries to leave but he holds her hand. He tells her not to forget her duties. She says that she hasn't forgotten since he reminds her constantly. She adds that what they have is a farce, not a marriage, and since they are in private, pretenses aren't necessary. She then carries her son and leaves.

Elsewhere, at Martin's house,

He is trying to read a book, but it might as well be pointless because his mind isn't there. It had been months since Emma died, and her death and that of his child still pained and hurt him a lot. He hadn't been able to move on and fall in love yet. He couldn't imagine falling in love; he couldn't imagine anyone replacing her. Would he be able to find love again, would he be able to find happiness, and with who? He feels frustrated because it has been months, and there has been no evidence or clue pointing at anyone, or that could explain why anyone would want her dead. One thing was clear to him, this was no ordinary crime.

Elsewhere at Ramon and Clara's,

Clara and Anna Patricia are in the living room talking. Anna Patricia confides in her mother and says that she doesn't know what to do about Martin. She adds that she has tried to do everything she can to help him but it doesn't seem to be enough, because he has lost his former zest for life. She adds that it pains her to see her son so broken.

Clara tells her that people grieve differently, and for Martin, it is to retreat even further into his shell and to become more of a workaholic. She adds that time is the best healer and that it will never stop being painful, but the pain will only get easier with time. Clara adds that all they can do is to continue being there for him. She adds that as impossible as it seems, Martin will find love again and he will be happy. Clara then hugs her daughter.

Elsewhere,

Antonio is taking a walk in the park. He needed to think and clear his head. Living with Isabella drove him crazy. He sits on a bench. No matter how much he tries not to, he still thinks about Gina. In the past nearly three years, he hasn't forgotten her. He still loved her.