CHAPTER 105

The next day on Thursday,

Claudia is at her house, with her husband, Juan Patricio. She has just told him what Antonio told her, the previous day. He is of course shocked. He says that Antonio has to do what he has to, and if Isabella is guilty of murder, she should pay. Juan Patricio adds that he however doesn't understand why Antonio and Gina insist on keeping Isabella and Horacio's son. Claudia says that the boy is an innocent victim of his parents' crimes. Juan Patricio says that Antonio isn't an orphanage for unwanted children.

Claudia says that she too initially objected to the idea and it will take some time to get used to. She adds that letting Isabella and Horacio have their son isn't an option given the charges against them. Juan Patricio says that they don't have to do that and they can instead take the child to an orphanage. Claudia looks at him horrified. She says that it is the children who are at the center of the scandal that is about to blow up. Juan Patricio says that Antonio should focus on his child. Claudia shakes her head.

Sometime later,

Dr. Alves comes to check up on John (Gabriel) again. After what he found out yesterday, he could not stop thinking about John. When he enters John's room, he finds him lost in his thoughts. John, however, turns when Dr. Alves comes in. Dr. Alves asks him if he is fine. John says that he is. He then says that he was talking to Aranza and she told him her whole story. He adds that her missing older siblings, the twins are called Hernan and Gabriela, the same names as his lost twin children.

He also adds that Gabriel, her father's name, the name he thinks is his because it is the name of the child he believes is a younger version of himself, makes him believe that he has finally found out who he is. Dr. Alves momentarily turns pale. John then looks at him. He says to himself that the doctor knows who he is. He, however, sits down. He then tells John that the matter has to be treated with utter discretion.

John says he understands that for now, he has to remain quiet because he still doesn't know everything. He then asks the doctor, if he thinks Anna Patricia, Hector, and Gina know who he is. Dr. Alves says that given the mystery of the missing body, his children's unexplained disappearance, and who he was, it is likely they know who he is. John thinks about something.

He then says that if people believe he was dead, and that somebody else is missing maybe there was a mix-up or a deliberate act of making people believe he was dead. Dr. Alves tells him to take it slowly. He adds that for the sake of everyone involved especially Aranza, they should take things slowly. John agrees.

Later in the evening,

Martin goes to visit Hector after work. They are discussing how to bring down, Isabella, Marianna, Horacio, and Alejandro. Martin says that after everything they have done, they deserve to pay. Hector agrees and says that he has an idea. Martin frowns and says that he has a feeling that he (Hector) is going to drag him into some kind of madness. Hector smiles and says that he isn't up to any kind of scheme. He adds that he simply thinks that they should break down the quartet through the weakest link, which is Marianna.

Martin looks at his cousin confused. He says that he doesn't understand what he means. Hector says that Marianna either isn't as smart or as evil, as her friends, and they can find out her weak spot and use it. Hector adds that he (Martin) should work on softening Marianna and also try and convince her to help them. Martin is unsure about the whole idea. Hector says that he is injured, and they need to start doing something immediately to get justice and to put all the bad times behind them. Martin is still wary of the whole idea. Hector tells him to at least think about it and Martin says that he will.

One week passes during which, Alejandro, Isabella, Horacio, and Marianna are released from the holding cell after three days, awaiting trial, as investigations go on. They are however banned from leaving the city. Also, Adrianna moves into Hector's house with Dianna (the real one, whom she believed was her daughter, Gisela Paulina). The real Gisela Paulina is wary of her at first and it pains Adrianna.